To support the NHS Diabetes Prevention Programme, an opportunity has arisen to the Healthier You Programme Team with fully mobilised health care support. I'm recruiting for a Health Care Assistant (on a full time permanent basis) to deliver safe and effective care completing healthcare checks in across community centres in Nothumberland, Tyne and Wear, Durham, Darlington, Teeside, Hambleton, Richmondshire, and Whitby. The post-holder will work as part of the existing team but will undertake delegated duties mostly without supervision, in a community setting.
Duties will include:
- To complete Point of Care and NHS Health Check assessments in accordance with NICE Guidance.
- To complete Initial Assessments and input the information accurately.
- Maintain accurate patients records on all patients using electronic and paper records results.
- To ensure that all medical equipment is in date, well maintained and adequate supplies are available.
- To ensure clinical waste and sharps materials are disposed of safely.
- To participate in the promotion of good working relationships with the Healthier You Team.
- Responsibility to report incidents timely and as appropriate.
- To take part in training required to support the programme and any competence based skills expected of the role.
- To attend team meetings and keep up to date with Policy updates as directed by the Manager.
You must have the following qualifications and experience:
NVQ2 or equivalent.
Demonstrate an understanding of Type 2 Diabetes, and the NDPP Programme.
Driving Licence with ability to travel between venues on a daily basis.
Evidence of CPD.
Demonstrate an understanding of the patient demographic in the community.
Good communication and interpersonal skills.
Flexible approach to meeting service and client needs.
Proactive, self-motivated and able to work for long periods of time without supervisions.
Ability to work well under pressure.