Job role: Peripatetic Clinical Nurse Consultant (RGN / RMN / RNLD)
Location: Cornwall (This role will cover mid Cornwall including locations such as St Austell and Callington)
Contract: Permanent, Full time.
Pay: £24 - £26 per hour (£39,000 - £43,000)
This is a fantastic opportunity for an experienced nurse ( RGN / RMND / RNLD ) to use all the valuable skills and experience you have learnt to help other nurses develop in their career. You will be working for a great company who invest in all their staff and offer warm and friendly working environments. This might suit someone looking to come away from the hands on nursing and develop others instead.
You will be covering different nursing homes and some residential homes across mid Cornwall. Some of your responsibilities will include:
- Clinical supervision of nursing staff and care staff within the different homes
- Focus on quality of care provided and clinical excellence
- Creating training and development plans for existing staff and new staff
- Supporting nurses with their revalidation
- Training needs analysis and creating a training plan for clinical staff
- Checking and amending clinical policies and procedures, ensuring best practice is achieved
- Clinical audits for the homes
- Investigations/route cause analysis for any safeguarding issues that might arise
- Carry out complex care reviews
- Support for Senior Health Care Assistants (including residential homes) - focus on up-skilling teams.
- Liaise with universities re placements, trainee nurses
To be considered for this position you must meet the following criteria:
- Full UK Driving Licence (essential)
- Clear NMC PIN with no restrictions, RGN / RMN /RNLD (essential)
- Mentorship qualification (essential)
- Able to obtain positive references
- Eligibility to live and work in the UK
If you would like to know more information about this role, please email your CV to or call Rebecca on .
All enquiries and applications will be strictly confidential.