We have an exciting opportunity for a Performance Test Lead to join our digital hub within Whitbread. You will be responsible for creating and maintaining the performance automation framework, line managing, coaching and mentoring a small team, defect tracking, testing reporting and ensuring agile test automation principles are followed.
Whitbread is the UK's leading hospitality company in the FTSE 100 including brands such as Costa Coffee, Beefeater & Premier Inn. By 2020, our goal is to achieve global system sales of around £2.5bn for Costa, and to increase the number of Premier Inn UK rooms to an incredible 85,000. All while creating around 3,000 UK jobs a year and continuing to expand our presence worldwide. There has never been a more exciting time to Whitbread!
What you will be doing
- Leads the Performance testing across all the Digital teams.
- Defines the performance automation standards within product area, methodologies, toolsets, technologies and ultimately ways of working for the team.
- Works closely with Agile Test Manager, Senior/Developers in Test, DTL’s and Product Owner’s on a daily basis to understand functional requirements and acceptance criteria to ensure the build of quality products.
- Acts as the champion of Test Driven Development (TDD) and automated testing to improve efficiencies
- Supports the development of Whitbread’s standards / tools / techniques for Agile testing.
- Employs automated testing techniques, particularly to support regression testing across all product platforms.
- Keeps up to date on the latest industry trends and openly shares thoughts amongst Testing Centre of Excellence on standards / tools / technologies / trends for automated testing.
- Works closely with the scrum team, particularly Dev Ops and the Developers for CI, to ensure that quality code can be released into live on a regular cycle.
What we are looking for
- Solid experience of implementing performance testing frameworks (preferably Opensource. JMeter, Multi-Mechanize or Grinder)
- Background in Java development
- Test Lead experience of line management, mentoring, coaching and HR support of a small team (2-4 people)
- Strong Agile testing experience (Scrum/Kanban)
- Professionally recognised testing certification
- Exceptional communication skills with the ability to communicate clearly and concisely
- Good experience of Continuous Integration (CI), i.e. Jenkins, Maven
- Good experience of JIRA/Confluence/Zephyr/GitHub/Slack
- Strong stakeholder management skills, particularly working closely with the Product Owner and Development team