FCC Environment are looking for an experienced technical Team Leader to support the improvement of operations at our EFW site at Allington in Kent. Working as part of the management team this is a 6 month fixed term contract opportunity for someone with knowledge of an EFW facility. We need someone with a good understanding of Health and Safety/Environmental legislation and IPPC authorization to provide management support to the operational teams.
The working hours will be 0800 to 1600.
Performance Team Leader duties will include:
- Leading the improvement of operations including safety, training, work instruction, cleaning and housekeeping
- Project management
- Analysing losses and incidents
- Developing ideas and solutions to improve operational performance, including costing and budget responsibility
- Managing and implementing projects
- Acting as Operations/Maintenance Manager as required
What skills and experience will you need to be considered?
- Knowledge of the technical aspects of operating an EFW
- Good knowledge of project management
- Ability to build relationships with internal and external customers
- Good understanding of Health and Safety and Environmental legislation.
- Good understanding of the permit to work system and operational routines and procedures.
- Good understanding of IPPC authorisation within job role.
FCC Environment is a leading UK waste and resource management company, which is part of a global group with a strong heritage in providing services for communities and businesses. Our vision is to be the environmental company of choice, delivering change for a sustainable future.
FCC Environment’s core business centers on collection, resource recovery and renewable energy providing services for local authorities and commercial customers. To make our skills and expertise easily accessible to our customers, our business is grouped into five core services:
- Municipal services – household waste collection, street cleansing, parks and gardens maintenance
- Business waste solutions –waste collection and recycling services for small and large companies
- Recycling – material recycling facilities, household waste recycling centres
- Green energy –recovery of energy from waste
We operate over 200 facilities in England, Scotland and Wales and employ around 2,500 employees. We recycle 1.2 million tonnes of waste each year.
If you wish to be considered for our Performance Team Leader role, please click apply and submit your CV. You will receive an email shortly which you will need to read through.