Performance Sport Leadership - Head of Performance Support
Job Title: Head of Performance Support - Working with British Shooting
Location: Bisham Abbey National Sports Centre, National travel will also be required
Salary: £51,485 - £59,447 p.a. pro rata
Position: Permanent, Part Time
Hours: A minimum of 22 hours per week (3 days per week).
Interview Date: 8th October 2018
Purpose of Post
British Shooting's performance purpose is to 'develop world leading people to deliver world leading performances'. As part of the WCP senior leadership team, the Head of Performance Support will lead and manage a support team capable of delivering world leading performance support to World Class Programme athletes in line with British Shooting's model of What It Takes To Win (WITTW).
- In conjunction with WCP coaches and the Performance Director, oversee the design, implementation and management of Sports Science and Sports Medicine (SSSM) provision for all podium, podium potential and British Shooting Academy Programme athletes.
- Ensure that performance support services achieve maximum impact and are fully aligned to all activity across the World Class Programme (WCP)
- Work in partnership with WCP coaches, practitioners and the Performance Operation Managers to support the performance planning process.
- Provide leadership of performance support services to the WCP including direct line management and development of all SSSM staff.
- Conduct technical planning meetings with coaches and practitioners to identify, plan and review performance support plans for WCP athletes.
- Ensure there is accountable and responsive performance impact of SSSM practitioner work through effective world class performance planning and reviews.
- Regularly feedback to the leadership, coaching and performance teams on SSSM operational delivery and how it is helping support athlete plans and British Shooting strategic objectives.
- Clearly articulate and lead the further development and implementation of a reliable and valid WITTW model.
- Liaise with appropriate Technical Leads and Operations staff in relation to the development of SSSM staff and operational management of appropriate sites and services.
- Liaise with Business Services (Finance and Human Resources) to provide a point-of-contact between the Company and NGB.
- Oversee research and innovation projects working with Performance Innovation and external partners.
- Reflect the professional codes of conduct of sports science and sports medicine and ensure that this is respected and adhered to in order to keep the athlete's health and welfare at the centre of concern in all aspects of training and competition.
- Extensive experience in providing integrated Performance Support to athletes and coaches to improve performance. This experience must include extensive work within high performance sport.
- Proven experience of working within a multi-disciplinary high-performance team to develop performance impact
- Able to build effective relationships with athletes, coaches, staff, practitioners, parents/carers, wider internal and external stakeholders and volunteers.
- Extensive experience of analysing, formulating and reviewing the WITTW model of a sport
- Extensive experience and demonstrable ability to lead and facilitate the implementation of a WITTW model, aligning a SSSM team's delivery.
- Proven experience of working as part of a Senior Leadership Team with the ability to influence, support and lead culture and performance development
- Able to demonstrate they have a clear vision for SSSM within British Shooting and can develop a strategy as part of the British Shooting leadership team.
- Demonstrates a passion for the sport and an ability to motivate and energise others.
- Supports and role models the British Shooting Beyond principles and vision to develop world leading people to deliver world leading performances
- Solves problems creatively and proactively by identifying the problem, open to learning, evaluating the alternatives and finding innovative solutions that will make a winning impact.
- Makes controlled responses in stressful situations
- Has exceptional integrity and sets high standards for self and others and is an ambassador of British Shooting.
- Able to manage their own, and where relevant other people's work programme effectively, aligned to the resources available to achieve agreed targets.
- Good understanding of coaching and/or mentoring individuals for development purposes
- Demonstrable experience of planning, organising and implementing strategic plans
- Ability to lead and inspire others to achieve goals and enable British Shooting to be a world leading shooting nation and live our Beyond principles.
Please be aware, the company will not be providing any sponsorship or relocation packages for this role so candidates will only be considered if eligible to both live and work in the UK.
To apply for this role please click APPLY and CHECK YOUR EMAILS for the link to the Company's Career page. Please ensure you read the full person specification and further information before completing your application.
Candidates with the experience or relevant job titles of: Sports Leadership, Sports Science Manager, Head of Sports Support, Performance Support Manager, Performance Support Leader, Sport Science Leadership, Sport Science Support Management will also be considered for this role.
- Sports Leadership
- Sports Science Manager
- Head of Sports Support
- Performance Support Manager
- Performance Support Leader
- Sport Science Leadership
- Sport Science Support Management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'