Performance Manager – Apprenticeships
Salary: £30,000 - £32,000
About the company:
With over 20 years of experience of delivering government funded programmes, our client is an OFSTED grade 2 company with a multi-disciplined team of people. The principles of Ofsted in terms of high standards of quality permeate the whole company.
They are currently seeking an ambitious Performance Manager to lead the internal Apprenticeship delivery team.
About the Performance Manager role:
To monitor and manage the contractual compliance of internal vocational delivery. To support the achievement of sustained Ofsted Grade 2 performance levels within the Delivery Team through the continuous improvement, effective deployment of quality policies, processes and systems which reflect best practice.
Roles and responsibilities of the Performance Manager:
- Manage the day-to-day performance of a team of Tutors/Assessors to ensure targets are met and optimum performance is achieved (this may extend to support staff as the department grows)
- Ensure Tutor/Assessor’s diarise and maximise use of their working week
- Undertake the delivery of training workshops on the Skills programmes, assessment of learners and other workshops as required
- Ensure learners are fully supported throughout their learner journey with the company and unblock any delivery issues as they arise through liaison with internal teams
- Interpret and analyse performance information and plan workloads in order to achieve performance targets ensuring high performance
- Manage Tutor/Assessor’s to ensure timely completion of learners and maximise their caseload capacities though allocation of new learners
- Ensure processing, logging and issue of learner certification
- Manage and complete the monthly Balanced Score Card appraisal process for Tutor/Assessor’s (this may extend to support staff as the department grows)
- Manage and log absence and holiday requests of Tutor/Assessor’s; check and approve monthly expenses for delivery team
- Carry out regular caseload reviews with Tutor/Assessor’s and provide the necessary support where needed to maintain high performance
- Support the recruitment of new Tutor/Assessor’s as and when they are required
- Instigate and complete capability meetings in any instances where Tutor/Assessor’s performance requires improvement
- Update Head of Vocational Delivery on a regular basis with Tutor/Assessor’s and caseload progress using appropriate and agreed weekly review systems
- Complete a monthly report on internal apprenticeship delivery performance
- Support and participate in preparation for and undertaking of audits / inspections (for example: Awarding Bodies, Ofsted, ESFA), managing the involvement and preparation of Tutor/Assessor’s
- Respond to escalated learner queries in a timely and accurate manner, ensuring regular contact is available for the full duration of the learner journey and qualification
- Ensure all enrolment and induction stages are completed by new learners by allocating Tutor/Assessor’s s to appropriate venues; ensure an error free passage to the MI team that meets ESFA, Ofsted and awarding body compliance requirements
- Follow industry codes of practice and Apprenticeship Framework guidance to ensure a quality learner journey is made available to all learners.
- Attend and lead regular quality, team and standardisation meetings to ensure consistency with other Tutors/Assessors and Internal Verifiers.
- Ensure that the Tutors/Assessors make learners fully aware of current legislation relating to them and their participation on all programmes; maintain compliance with ‘Safe Learner’ requirements.
- Support the ongoing transition of the vocational delivery team from frameworks to standards
- Undertake regular professional development activities as agreed by the Head of Vocational Delivery to ensure CPD status is maintained.
- Undertake any other duties, following and acting on any guidance given by the Head of Vocational Delivery.
Requirements of the Performance Manager:
- At least 5 years’ experience in work based learning – essential
- Robust experience of line management and managing team performance – essential
- Clear understanding of learners’ assessment, teaching, learning, achievement and progression - essential
- A sound understanding of apprenticeship reforms and the delivery of standards - essential
- Experience of managing training activity to drive teaching and learning performance to be outstanding - desirable
- Understanding of verification, moderation and standardisation - essential
- Ability to build a rapport and good working relationships with partner organisations
- IT proficiency with experience in education management information systems and e-portfolio - essential
- A commitment to creating cultures that embody positive change, continuous improvement; health and safety, safeguarding and equality - essential
- Teaching and Learning delivery experience – desirable
If you feel that you may be suitable for this Performance Manager – Apprenticeship role then please apply today!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job