£30,000 - £32,000 plus benefits
An exciting opportunity for a driven Performance Manager specialising within Apprenticeships to join a diverse and committed team based in London for our client; an Ofsted grade 2 and an award winning enterprise who deliver services across employability, skills youth provision and enterprise. This is achieved through their dedication and support to every learner, young person, entrepreneur and delivery partner in achieving maximum potential and success.
To manage the operational performance and quality of provision within internal apprenticeship vocational delivery team (VDT), ensuring the successful delivery of business strategy, critical success factors (CSFs) and objectives whilst adhering to regulatory compliance and achieving commercial success.
- To manage the achievement of budgetary targets through ensuring the VDT achieve set induction, on programme targets and completion targets. To monitor and manage the contractual compliance of internal vocational delivery. To support the achievement of sustained Ofsted Grade 2 performance levels within the VDT through the continuous improvement, effective deployment of quality policies, processes and systems which reflect best practice.
- You will support the ongoing development of Quality standards and frameworks including but not limited to achievement of:
- Ofsted and Common Inspectorate Framework.
- Merlin Accreditation
- Self-Assessment Review & Quality Improvement Plan
- Indirect influence on budget through recommendations.
- To provide support to the Head of Vocational Delivery and Head of Quality enabling quality to be embedded throughout all performance management.
- Manage the day-to-day performance of a team of Assessors to ensure targets are met and optimum performance is achieved (this may extend to support staff as the department grows)
- Ensure assessor’s diarise and maximise use of their working week
- Undertake the delivery of training workshops on the Skills programmes, assessment of learners and other workshops as required.
- Ensure learners are fully supported throughout their learner journey and unblock any delivery issues as they arise through liaison with internal teams
- Interpret and analyse performance information and plan workloads in order to achieve performance targets ensuring high performance
- Manage assessors to ensure timely completion of learners and maximise their caseload capacities though allocation of new learners
- Ensure processing, logging and issue of learner certification
- Manage and complete the monthly Balanced Score Card appraisal process for assessors (this may extend to support staff as the department grows)
- Manage and log absence and holiday requests of assessors; check and approve monthly expenses for delivery team
- Carry our regular caseload reviews with assessors and provide the necessary support where needed to maintain high performance
- Support the recruitment of new assessors as and when they are required
- Instigate and complete capability meetings in any instances where assessor performance requires improvement
- Update Head of Vocational Delivery on a regular basis with assessor and caseload progress using appropriate and agreed weekly review systems
- Complete a monthly report on internal apprenticeship delivery performance
- Support and participate in preparation for and undertaking of audits / inspections (for example: Awarding Bodies, Ofsted, ESFA), managing the involvement and preparation of assessors
- Ensure all enrolment and induction stages are completed by new learners by allocating assessors to appropriate venues; ensure an error free passage to the MI team that meets ESFA, Ofsted and awarding body compliance requirements
- Support the ongoing transition of the vocational delivery team from frameworks to standards
- Undertake regular professional development activities as agreed by the Head of Vocational Delivery to ensure CPD status is maintained.
- Undertake any other duties, following and acting on any guidance given by the Head of Vocational Delivery
- At least 5 years’ experience in work based learning
- Robust experience of line management and managing team performance
- Clear understanding of learners’ assessment, teaching, learning, achievement and progression
- A sound understanding of apprenticeship reforms and the delivery of standards
- Strong line management skills
- Experience of undertaking compliance audits
- Experience of managing training activity to drive teaching and learning performance to be outstanding
- Understanding of verification, moderation and standardisation
- Understanding and commitment to ensuring a learner centred approach
- Ability to build a rapport and good working relationships with partner organisations
- IT proficiency with experience in education management information systems and e-portfolio
- A commitment to creating cultures that embody positive change, continuous improvement; health and safety, safeguarding and equality
- Communication skills both verbal and written
- Planning, monitoring and reporting skills
- Teaching and Learning delivery experience
- Performance Management
- Team Management