- Drive the profitable growth of the UK business.
- Support in management the Life Distribution Executive Office.
- Support management of distribution, performance and planning matters.
- Facilitate continuous improvement across the Distribution business.
- Provide support to enable the Life Distribution Management Committee to achieve its financial targets and strategic objectives.
- Support the growth of the UK business through provision of commercial insight.
- Hold the pen on executive communications and Board papers from Life Distribution, facilitating collection and appropriate presentation of key messages including industry information, strategy and growth plans.
- Support the production of discussion materials for business reviews with UK Executive Committee, legal entity Boards, the broader Zurich Group, FCA / PRA, and other stakeholders.
- Contribute to the enablement of transformation of Life Distribution functions.
- Deliver support for commercial negotiations with strategic partnerships.
- Support delivery of improvements in sales effectiveness and productivity, including focusing and developing sales remuneration schemes.
- Evaluate new distribution opportunities and support merger and acquisition opportunities.
- Support key projects to benefit the UK business.
- Execute special projects for the Head of Life Distribution.
- Effective communication of strategy to UK senior management teams and the broader business.
- Challenge execution of business and operating plans.
- Facilitate the communication with Group ensuring that messages are complete, accurate and understood.
Your skills and experience:
- Proven track record of solution orientated issue resolution and execution.
- Proven track record of relationship management with internal and external senior executives.
- Accounting/actuarial/financial management experience and appropriate membership of professional bodies preferred.
- Knowledge of Group, UK and Life Distribution strategic objectives including target operating models.
- The individual must have strong PowerPoint skills
- Knowledge of business plans and operating modes. Capable of applying these to UK business models.
- Strong financial services market knowledge, with particular emphasis on financial management, sales, distribution management and proposition design.
- Wide knowledge of industry issues including economic and regulatory influences.
- Excellent knowledge of budget and planning processes and financial management.
- Broad appreciation of UK Life business functions and their interaction in order to judge implications of actions taken.
- Strong analytical capabilities and aptitude to distil and interpret key facts and actions required.
In return we are offering an attractive salary plus a generous benefits package including bonus and defined contribution pension scheme. We are committed to continuous improvement and we offer access to a comprehensive range of training and development opportunities.
- financial management
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job