• Act as main point of contact for key stakeholders within the Belfast office partnering with the site Head and local Senior Management Team to ensure they are supported with their business areas from a people and talent perspective.
• Collaborate with the wider HR team on Companywide projects and initiatives, taking a local lead to ensure they are being rolled out and embedded in Belfast.
• Effective case management of absenteeism in line with managing attendance and long term ill health policies, including liaising with Occupational Health as part of case management.
• Advise, support and coach business managers in the application of all HR policies and procedures.
• Effective case management of discipline, grievance, harassment and capability issues - including supporting and providing guidance, attending meetings, recording minutes and preparing all relevant documentation.
• Provide recruitment solutions for each post along with managing the end to end recruitment process including - preparing job descriptions, liaising with recruitment agencies, advertising vacancies, shortlisting and interviews/assessments.
• Provide all relevant information to payroll (i.e. new starters, leavers, changes to contracts) to process and responsible for monthly signoff of payroll for the Belfast office.
• Equality monitoring and completion of statutory returns to the Equality Commission for Northern Ireland.
• Update and maintain HR systems (Cyborg, Fast Forward, PAMS) accurately and in a timely manner.
• Design and undertake training for line managers on HR policies and procedures.
• Assist with the review of HR policies and procedures in line with legislative changes, best practice and Quality Management Processes.
Skills, experience and knowledge:
• Excellent knowledge of local employment law and an awareness of the differences with English employment law.
• Proven experience in dealing with a wide variety of employee relation cases including absence management, conduct and performance.
• Good all round awareness of HR processes.
• Excellent communication skills with the ability to build relationships quickly
• Competent in Microsoft office applications
• Operates with integrity and is honest and ethical
• Able to think ahead and be proactive
• Ability to state views in a confident and constructive manner and can be assertive and can challenge managers when appropriate
• Use initiative to solve problems
• Flexible to meet the demands of the business including working from different company sites on a short term basis should there be the requirement.
• Ability to build rapport with clients and customers
• Readily embraces new working practices
• CIPD qualification or working towards it.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business