37.5 Hours per Week – Mondays to Fridays 8:30am to 5pm
We are looking to appoint an organised and self motivated individual to join our busy People Department at Head Office in Eastbourne. This role is a varied and challenging one. You will play a vital role in helping us support our entire branch network with any HR/Personnel administration queries.
You will help support the network of nearly 160 branches and over 1,100 staff. You will be a key point of contact to provide help and support on People administration matters. You should be organised, helpful and focused on providing an excellent service to the team and wider business. We would like you to take ownership for the administration within the department and suggest improvements to our processes.
You may be an experienced administrator or be looking to start your career in People/HR with a relevant qualification behind you. A candidate with both administration and people/HR experience would be ideal.
Brewers is a family run business, with over 110 years’ history in our industry. We are the first choice for the professional Decorator, with 156 branches nationwide. We enjoy a growing base of retail and trade customers who value our quality products, advice and excellent service.
This is a supporting role covering a wide range of Personnel administration duties including:
- Assisting with producing correspondence relating to changes in employment terms, leavers and probations
- Leading the on-boarding process and compliance for new starters
- Monitoring spreadsheets and/or HR System to ensure that probations, fixed term contracts etc are confirmed and renewed as required
- Maintaining employee files and HR System
- Helping in a wide range of People related tasks and supporting other team members as required
The ideal candidate must be able to demonstrate the following:
- HR/Personnel knowledge – previous experience working in a busy Personnel/HR role or related environment or related qualification is needed
- Exceptional organisational skills – you will have the confidence to plan and organise your workload effectively and accurately, at times working on your own initiative and to deadlines
- Excellent communication skills – you will be confident communicating with members of staff at all levels and be able to demonstrate excellent people skills, a good telephone manner, diplomacy skills and have the ability to maintain confidentiality at all times
- IT skills – Intermediate to advanced Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook skills required. Previous experience entering data and maintaining a HR system would be an advantage.
- Accuracy – you will have an excellent eye for detail and be able to produce written and numerical work to a high standard
In return we offer a comprehensive benefits package consisting of:
- Competitive salary, to be discussed in person
- 29 days holiday (inclusive of bank holidays) (pro-rata for part-time staff members)
- Free life assurance
- Plenty of internal training opportunities
- Discounts and rewards with selected partners - major high street brands, supermarkets etc.
- Pension plan with company contributions
- Company profit share scheme (after qualifying period)
- Generous staff discounts
If you believe your skills match our needs and would welcome the challenge and the opportunity of joining our team, please click the Apply Now button at the bottom of this page to complete the mandatory application form.
This role may be removed from listings before the closing date if we receive a high number of applications or are successful in finding an appointment. Applicants will be reviewed on an on-going basis. Please apply as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job