The Defined Contribution Pensions Systems Developer will be part of the Development Team and will be responsible for the design, development and maintenance of existing Defined Contribution Pension System. The role of the Defined Contribution Pension Systems Developer will be to enhance and maintain our Defined Contribution Pension System and provide support for the existing functionality within our systems. Candidate will need to liaise with the Business Analysis team, End Users and third party service providers as appropriate. This position requires a passion for technical design, development, problem solving, and the ability to learn new concepts quickly.
The ideal candidate must have experience and understanding of how a Defined Contribution Pension Scheme operates.
The role involves:-
- Candidate must be able to take ownership for assigned tasks and be responsible for gathering and/or filtering requirements, impact analysis and specifying business and IT solutions for projects and/or enhancement request to the Defined Contribution Pension system.
- Candidate must be able to interact with other developers, business analysts and business stake holders to produce a high level technical specification/solution document ensuring technical compatibility and end user satisfaction.
- Produce logical systems design models where appropriate in conjunction with Senior Systems Analyst/System Architect.
- Convincing and presenting proposals by way of high level solutions to end users and/or stake holders.
- Compile and maintain system test conditions and test cases reflecting requirements documentation. Execute test scripts against new system functionality to ensure that the system meets requirements. Regression test system where applicable.
- Maintain system test documentation to ensure completeness.
- The ideal candidate will have experience of working within a large Defined Contribution Pension Scheme that had multiple fund managers.
- Able to grasp new concepts quickly, demonstrating understanding of the implications of technical issues on business requirements and / or operations.
- Identify, report and manage defects.
- Work calmly and effectively under pressure, being aware of time constraints where appropriate, such as cut-off times.
- Knowledge of:
- Defined Contribution member lifecycle.
- Concept of Interfacing in and out
- Working with funds in different currencies.
- Understanding of Straight through DC Fund Manager Processing.
- Industry standard testing techniques.
- Software development and testing lifecycles.
- Highly desirable - knowledge of UNIX, Oracle along with some coding skills in C, Pro*C, Python, Perl, SQL and PL/SQL.
The successful candidate will have considerable experience in DC Pension System Development preferably under UNIX and Oracle and will have a background in software development and architecture.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job