Our client is a highly successful law firm seeking a Pensions Solicitor with 0-2 years PQE who is highly self-motivated. Pensions is one of the core practice areas of the firm. The team predominately advises trustees of Defined Benefit or Hybrid schemes and some Defined Contribution arrangements. The team also advises employers, insolvency practitioners, and individuals. We are seeking a candidate who enjoys delivering excellent service to clients/colleagues. Successful candidates will have a strong eye for detail and be able to work under time constraints and prioritise your case load. Great communication skills are a must.
- Delivering practical pensions advice and plain English technical analysis to trustees and sponsoring employers on all aspects of pensions law including group reorganisations and mergers (along with clearance applications), scheme design and benefit changes, scheme closure, liability reduction exercises, and general Pensions & Finance Acts matters.
- Advising on contentious pensions matters including professional negligence claims, rectification applications and disputes between trustees and sponsoring employers.
- Advising distressed employers, or trustees in situations where there are distressed employers.
- Developing understanding of corporate objectives.
- Drafting scheme documentation including amending, consolidating and updating scheme governing documentation.
- Keeping up to date with changes in pensions law and preparing/delivering updates for both clients and the team internally.
- Dealing with accounts processes, including time recording and billing.
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met, including the prompt actioning of all client instructions.
- Involvement in business development initiatives.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job