The successful candidate will be a pensions project manager with a professional technical DB pensions background and Prince 2 qualified. If you have a trustee secretarial or scheme management background, you might also be interested in this role.
The highlights of the role include:
- working across a diverse range of subjects/solutions across trust-based defined benefits schemes - such as member options exercises (retirement transfer options, enhanced transfer values, pension increase exchanges), plan design change and plan closure, buy-ins, wind ups, mergers, systems implementations, longevity hedges, GMP rectifications, and asset transitions
- working with a broad range of different people across different lines of business and external organisations
- having a defined career path and wide opportunities at this large global employer.
The role requires the following skills:
- must be capable of demonstrating excellent planning, organising and negotiation skills
- consulting skills
- commercial acumen
- effective communication skills (both written and verbal)
- ability to identify and efficiently resolve issues, and
- have very strong stakeholder management experience.
It will be an advantage to have experience in delivering pensions de-risking projects (such as plan design changes, pension increase exchanges, retirement transfer options, buy-in, buy-out and longevity transactions).
- Use pensions technical knowledge, consulting skills and project management experience to guide your project teams to the optimal project outcomes
- Provide day-to-day project management working closely with your client, workstream leads, subject matter experts, third parties and the project office team (PMO), delivering large or complex internal/external projects as required
- Achieve project delivery deadlines within scope, budget and Willis Towers Watson’s (WTW) internal protocols
- Drive high quality client project delivery, operational efficiency and effectiveness
- Ensure each deliverable is produced efficiently and adds value to the project
- Provide hands on, directive support to ensure projects which have gone off course get back on track and under control
- Carry out continual project improvement reviews and ensure thorough tranche reviews are carried out at appropriate project milestones
- Ensure that the project office’s centrally agreed templates and project materials, such as risk logs, action plans, project plans are used consistently and kept up-to-date
- Act as a point of contact for other parts of WTW’s business to respond to general project management queries and proposals. Support scoping and pricing activity for new projects as required in conjunction with the RS management team. Actively pursue new work involving project management, prepare proposals and attend new work presentations
- Support resourcing allocation and work flow management across the project office for all live and pipeline projects
- Share knowledge and learnings. Draft and support the creation of project management materials, as necessary - including case studies and client testimonials for new business proposals and marketing materials as required in conjunction with the RS management team
- Support, coach, train and mentor team members on project management
The essential skills/experience for this role are:
- Strong background in large scale project management delivery with significant experience within the pensions industry and/or financial services is essential
- Prince 2 qualified
- Experience of managing several projects simultaneously
- A clear, concise and confident communicator of complex project issues – covering both verbal and written communication skills
- Practical experience in managing and controlling project budgets, the billing process and pricing and scoping new work
- Experience in working with clients, third parties, or in supplier and customer relationships
- A firm commitment to delivering high quality service
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Project
- Pensions industry qualifications would be an advantage such as the Pensions Management Institute Associateship or Fellowship
- Experience in preparing (or reviewing) project reports, reporting from third parties involved in your projects and other outputs for client delivery
- Experience in leading/presenting at multi-discipline meetings
- Experience of managing, coaching and mentoring individual team members
Equal Opportunity Employer
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'