We are proudly representing our public sector client based in South Tyneside for their search for a Pension’s Officer. They now have an immediate requirement to recruit for a temporary assignment to start as soon as possible till July 2018.
- You will be responsible for an effective service under the provisions of Local Government Pension Regulations and associated legislation
- Calculate, process for payment, check where required and record all sums.
- Maintain records of pensionable service and contributions and administer transfer values to and from other pension providers.
- You will provide an efficient administrative service.
- Deal with enquiries from scheme members, employers and other pension providers, by correspondence, e-mail or telephone.
- Sort, scan, quality control and index incoming post and completed work on the Pension Section’s electronic document management system.
- Assist in the design and provision of documentation, forms and stationery required by the Pensions Section for the efficient exercise of its functions.
- Assist in the implementation, development and support of a computer based system.
- To record, collate and prepare statistical information.
- Administration experience.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills and interpersonal skills.
- Competent user of Microsoft Office Applications.
- The ability to organise and prioritise work, meet deadlines, work under pressure and handle a number of tasks simultaneously.
- Ability to work accurately and a good eye for detail.
- Able to work as an effective team member with minimum supervision. .
- Proactive approach to resolving problems
- Initiative and self-motivation