We are looking for highly motivated individuals to join LGSS Finance team to work for Northamptonshire County Council.
The role would be to administer a pensions caseload to high standards of accuracy and attention to details. You will be responsible for delivering correct regulation interpretation in respect of the Local Government Pension Scheme along with the Orders relating to the Police and Fire Pension Schemes.
Full training will be provided.
The successful candidate will be involved in checking information from a variety of sources like HR or HMRC and keeping the member informed of progress while ensuring that all casework is processed in line with the agreed processes, SLA/administration strategy and relevant legislation. You must demonstrate a flexible approach to delivering all aspects of pension administration including joiners, leavers, retirements, death benefits and record maintenance. Your work may include benefit calculations, regulation interpretation and provide support where appropriate to the other Pension Officers.
Qualifications and Skills
The ideal candidate:
- has extremely high attention to details
- is educated to GCSE Maths Grade C level (or equivalent) and feels comfortable with calculations
- feels confident in explaining clearly complex issues to non specialists
- has ability to translate legislation into business procedures and processes
- has good IT Skills and is fully competent in MS Office applications
- Pension Administration
- Pension Schemes
- Record Maintenance