Our client is looking for an experienced Pensions Consultant to join their successful team .
Main duties and responsibilities
- Preparation for, attendance at and follow up from client and trustee meetings.
- Ongoing understanding and knowledge of pension and ancillary benefits and the supporting regulatory framework.
- Drafting papers on topical issues for clients and work with client to develop solutions to address issues
- Identify new business opportunities for on existing clients and develop a plan on how to raise and implement
- Manages own work allocation and prioritisation and is able to effectively delegate and mentor others if required.
- Working with colleagues and other internal departments to deliver service to clients. Being able to manage senior colleagues as well as peers and junior colleagues.
- Attendance at and participation in internal and external technical meetings
- Liaise with and manage audit process
- Involved in new business development on new clients when required
- Drafting minutes of meetings
- Drafting member communications
- Responsible for budgeting and client invoicing
- Possess an understanding and knowledge of pensions and the regulatory framework.
- Experience of working on defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Possess a customer focus, responding to client needs and building relationships.
- Possess the ease and confidence to build those relationships with key individuals at a more senior level.
- Commercially focused and able to demonstrate value added approach
- Be a good team player - working with others across departments.
- Good at problem solving.
- Strong in planning and organising - with a focus on meeting targets and establishing clear processes.
- Willingness and ability to take ownership of issues.
- Ability to work without supervision.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Good IT skills (Word, Excel, basic Powerpoint)
- 5-7 years experience in a similar role.
- Willing to undertake travel in the UK to support the business.
- Studying for/or qualified in appropriate industry qualifications - PMI/CII
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job