Due to continued success, this organisation is seeking an experienced Pensions Administrator to join their team.You will be part of a team of committed professionals who give the client the best possible service. Working on a number of Defined Benefit clients leads to a great variety of work. As you develop you will take on more responsibility for the clients that you work on. This leads to a real sense of client ownership and individual growth as you learn more about pensions in general.
This role requires you to be well-organised, have an aptitude for figure work and be able to work as part of a team. There is an opportunity for progression with a structured career path and a full training programme will be provided.
- Continuing to broaden your technical knowledge and expertise
- Understanding the processes for complex cases such as divorce, members with large benefits and tax issues and complex death cases whilst ensuring that procedures are adhered to at all times
- Carrying out complex calculations as well as checking those carried out by more junior colleagues
- Keeping up to date with changes in legislation and highlighting any necessary changes that might be needed for your client's communications, calculations or practices
- Showing awareness of special conditions for certain clients and what is scheme specific
- Being involved in efficiency drives for your clients, always looking for improvements and considering the best way to deliver a good service
- Getting involved in departmental initiatives and projects that benefit the department
- Drafting complex non-standard letters where required and checking those drafted by others
- Mentoring and training more junior colleagues
What skills and experience do you need to demonstrate for this role?
- Must have UK DB pensions administration experience
- Educated to 'A’ level, degree level or equivalent
- Making good progress towards the relevant training courses and subsequent exams in order to gain the Award in Pensions Essentials (APE) and the Certificate in Pensions Calculations (CPC)
- Awareness and an understanding of the role of relevant external bodies e.g. PPF, tPR
- Well organised and thorough, with excellent attention to detail
- Ability to work either alone and/or as part of a team with fluctuating workload also the ability to use own initiative
- Able to maintain high standard of professionalism at all times with and ability to demonstrate good organisational, analytical and communication skills
- Flexibility of hours worked/duties undertaken and keen to learn
If you do not hear from a Consultant within 1 week of your application then unfortunately, on this occasion, you have been unsuccessful
- Defined Benefit
- Pension Administration
- Financial Calculations
- Pension Funds
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'