Adele Carr Financial Recruitment is a specialist Accountancy Recruiter to the North West Market.
£20,360 - £24,500
My client based in the education quarter of Liverpool is looking to recruit to its busy HR team an experienced Pensions Administrator on a permanent basis.
* Take responsibility and organise all aspects of own work ensuring processes and procedures are adhered to, that casework and member requests are completed accurately and pension records are updated correctly.
* Plan own workload and work with other members of the Pensions Team to ensure the provision of a timely and quality service which is completed within the regulatory pension disclosure deadlines.
* Identify and recognise when to ask questions and refer more complex cases to senior staff.
* Communicate, both written and verbally, pension information to current and prospective pension scheme members with resulting questions and queries to be dealt with promptly, accurately and courteously.
* Maintain confidentiality at all times, sometimes on highly sensitive cases.
1. Process documentation relating to new starters and leavers for the Pension Schemes including the use of an external online portal to provide financial data
2. Deal with new employee queries and issue scheme membership certificates.
3. Liaise with the HR and Payroll Teams regarding queries on scheme membership.
4. Update and maintain pension records on Profund both manually and via the automatic write backs.
5. Liaise with administrators of external bodies and the NHS Pension Scheme to resolve queries on membership records.
6. Perform benefit calculations in accordance with Scheme rules, including manual calculations, spreadsheet calculators and using appropriate routines within the Pension Administration System, Profund.
7. Prepare benefit estimates for individual Scheme members.
8. Communicate standard pension scheme information in an appropriate way to members and prospective members on a day to day basis, sometimes dealing with more specialist pension queries.
9. Prepare estimates for added years Additional Voluntary Contributions (AVCs) & deal with any queries members may have regarding AVC benefits.
10. Process requests from members for investigation of transfers between the relevant pension schemes.
11. Obtain transfer values from the Scheme actuary, or produce transfer values using excel calculation spreadsheets.
12. Correspond with other pension providers and scheme members regarding transfers.
13. Answer personal enquires from employees in the Human Resources reception area.
14. Respond to general telephone enquiries received on the Pensions Team.
15. Assist Payroll and other HR staff with pension related queries.
16. Assist senior Pensions Team staff in aspects of their work as delegated from time to time.
17. Assist in other general clerical work within the Pensions Team.
18. Open and distribute post as required.
19. Carry out scanning and filing of general correspondence and case work
20. Any other duties as may reasonably be required, consistent with the grade of the post.
SKILLS & KNOWLEDGE
* Experience of working in a busy pensions department with a working knowledge of defined benefit and defined contribution schemes.
* Possess good computer skills; Microsoft Office (Word and Excel), Outlook and experience of using the HR and Payroll system (CORE) and the pension administration system (Profund)
* A good standard of education to include 3 GCSEs including Mathematics and English Language, and a clear indication of a commitment to keep pensions knowledge up to date and relevant.
* Dependability, reliability and consistent ability to produce a high quality and quantity of work.
* Good personal organisation, ability to work under pressure and to prioritise work to meet procedural deadlines.
* Ability to consistently produce high quality/quantity of accurate work.
* Excellent communication skills, both verbal (in person and over the phone) and written.
For further information on this or any of our vacancies, please call the Liverpool office today for a confidential discussion or alternatively forward your CV and cover letter.
Due to the high level of interest we receive for each of our roles we cannot guarantee a response to each individual application. Therefore if you do not hear back from one of our consultants you have unfortunately not been short-listed for this role.
Please do continue to check our website for other roles which may be of interest to you and follow us on @AdeleCarrFinRec
- pension calculations
- pension contribution
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'