Clark James Financial Services are working with a highly established Pension Consultancy with offices across the UK. Due to continued success, they are looking to expand the administration team with a highly experienced Senior Pensions Administrator to provide an effective administration service to clients for both Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Schemes, and also to assist the Team Leader in managing the Pensions Administration team
Duties will include:
- Participate in strategic business changes i.e. critical success factors, implement decisions made by the Board and Principals and understand the issues that affect the performance of the Company.
- Dealing with a range of pensions administration, management and consultancy tasks.
- Support the Team Leader in ensuring service delivery in terms of quality, profit and sustainability for pensions administration clients portfolio and assisting in the day to day line management of the designated team.
- Oversee management of annual and ad-hoc projects for all schemes including renewals, benefit statements, pension increases, lifestyling, trustees’ reports and accounts. Ensure projects are fully monitored and completed in line with customer and legislation requirements.
- Manage day to day activities of staff to ensure efficient and effective delivery of all work. Hold regular workflow meetings with senior team members to manage progress and resolve any issues.
- Involvement in the scrutinising of client work of other less experienced pensions administration team members.
- Monitor scheme SLAs, ensuring accuracy performance for the team, including activity and client performances
- Deputise at team leader meetings when necessary
- Attend trustee meetings when opportunity arises
- Support team leader in all aspects of team management, including performance issues and change control.
- Ensuring the accurate updating of time recording system (Virtual Office) for both chargeable and non-chargeable activities.
Skills / Knowledge
- Must have thorough knowledge of pensions administration for both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases.
- Demonstrate effective management skills including awareness of management processes and motivation of staff.
- Demonstrate positive personal impact qualities such as leadership, influencing, credibility and empathy
- Able to delegate work priorities to less experienced staff and manage work flows to meet client expectations, legal timescales and SLAs
- Experience of current pensions legislation and framework is essential, including the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
- Professional qualifications such as QPA / RPC / DPC /PMI highly desirable
- Educated to minimum A Level standard
- High Level of numeracy skills and literacy, and IT proficient
Benefits Package includes
- Very Competitive
- Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Cover
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
- Defined Benefit
- Defined Contribution
- Pension Administration
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job