WealthAdministration is at the very core of Mercer Services business, managing our clients’ pension schemes. We focus on understanding and managing member expectations and ensuring that they receive the information they need, when they expect it and in a suitable format, enabling them to make informed decisions on their benefits.
We are currently recruiting for an Administration Service Managerto manage and direct the delivery of the administration services provided to your team’s client portfolio from your team directly and from other Mercer Central Services teams, such as Pension Payroll, Cashflow, Customer Relations Centre, etc.You will be accountable for the quality of service provided from within operations and ensuring that best practice processes are implemented and utilised consistently across all clients. You will provide input into plans through direct liaison with the Client/other lines of the Mercer business for developing and enhancing the service provided to keep pace with changing legislation, client requirements and expectations, and take responsibility for implementing identified changes. Drive continual improvement in quality, efficiency and service satisfaction.
You will report to the Regional/Deputy Regional Operations Manager or Administration Service Manager.
- Ensure processes are adhered to and reviewed to maintain best practice, drive continual improvement, operational effectiveness and client profitability
- Increase quality of service delivered by continuous and controlled improvement of processes used by the delivery teams, SLA agreements in force with clients and client profitability
- Analyse root cause when issues arise to identify preventative action. Implement required procedural changes to minimize risk of recurrence
- Direct and own team improvement projects taking responsibility for prioritising highest impact changes, working with the other LOB as appropriate to design, develop and implement the approved solutions for your clients. Some project management may be required
- Have an awareness of service delivery across all Central Services Departments
- Agree the performance targets for client delivery with the management team, create and implement team plans to ensure achievement of the targets
- Accountable for the performance of the service delivery of your team and reporting progress using the agreed metrics on a monthly basis
- Organise, motivate and coach team members to achieve the workflow and scheme event delivery targets based on service level agreements and timetables agreed with clients through training/management using coaching, direction, good working practices and adherence Mercer policy
- Where required support CRM/Sales in the delivery of the 'Mercer pitch’ to potential new clients
- Maintain a forward planning schedule to balance resources available with anticipated demands and manage the day-to-day workload to overcome disruptions to deliver work to agreed national targets
- Manage the production and sign off of proformas, system automation and SKB updates
Monitoring all project income within own control. Management of resources and proactive alignment of headcount with client service gains and losses. Understand client profitability and impact on your team resources as a result. Work with other Administration Service Managers to best utilise combined national Mercer resources locally
In line with overall service co-ordination responsibilities, identify areas for process improvement across customer service delivery thus improving or streamlining the service delivery and in turn increasing overall profitability. Any generic process improvements are fed through to the process improvement team
Manage expense budget for the team
Adhere to PfS framework and be responsible for recommending pay increases / promotions
To attend Trustee Meetings and or Administration Meetings with Clients
Hold client review meetings at appropriate intervals
To be responsible for ensuring Mercer client communications are distributed in a timely manner to ensure that required actions are implemented appro
- Management Skills
- Pension Schemes