Clark James Financial Services Recruitment are working with an established Pension Consultancy with offices across the UK. They require a highly experienced Pensions Administration Manager to manage the Pensions Administration team, providing high quality administration and consultancy service to clients for both Defined Contribution and Defined Benefit Schemes.
Duties will include:
- Dealing with a wide range of pensions administration, management and consultancy tasks, having accountability for the service delivery in terms of quality, profit and sustainability for a portfolio of clients.
- Participation in marketing initiatives, new business activities, attending new business pitches and company events
- Day to day management of a team of Pensions Administrators including workflow management (workload allocation, prioritisation and ensuring service level agreements (SLAs), and holding regular meetings with senior colleagues to manage progress and resolve any issues.
- Conducting appraisals, setting individual and team objectives, handling HR, performance management issues and recruitment.
- Mentoring, training, coaching and developing of pensions administration team members.
- Providing expert advice to pensions consultants and client queries; keeping abreast of technical and legislative developments within the pensions industry
- Overseeing day to day management of client relationships with trustees and corporate clients, and participation in trustee and client meetings where applicable. Taking a proactive stance to gain an extensive knowledge of assigned client portfolio to ensure client confidence, credibility and trust. Reacting to clients needs in a positive manner, but maintaining the commercial interests of the business.
- Conducting internal audits, identifying potential improvements in pensions administration processes, quality improvement and implementing changes.
- Positively contributing to regular management meetings, implementing any recommendations or decisions made in terms of working practices, resourcing, efficiencies and dissemination of communications to more junior staff.
Skills / Knowledge
- Expert knowledge of pensions administration for both Defined Benefit (DB) and Defined Contributions (DC) schemes including leavers, retirements, deaths, transfers in, transfers out, monthly processing and investment, benefit statements, renewals and pension increases.
- Previous supervisory, leadership and management experience including performance monitoring, appraisals, recruitment etc
- Thorough knowledge of pensions legislation framework and demonstrable ability to remain informed of changes to the framework and the regulatory requirements of the various Pensions and Finance Acts which impact on pensions administration.
- Strong presentation skills in order to assist with client pitches and trustee meetings
- Professional qualifications such as QPA / RPC / DPC / PMI highly desirable
- Educated to minimum A Level standard
- High Level of numeracy skills and literacy, and IT proficient
- Strong project management experience would be required to perform pension administration project based work.
Benefits Package includes
- Highly competitive salary
- Income Protection
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Cover
Liability and Disclaimer
The information contained in our advert including any salary or on target earnings information is given in good faith and Clark James Ltd uses all reasonable efforts to ensure that it is accurate. However, Clark James Ltd gives no representation or warranty in respect of such information and all such representations and warranties, whether express or implied, are excluded. No liability is accepted by Clark James Ltd for any loss or damage which may arise out of any person relying on or using any information within this advert.
- Defined Benefit
- Defined Contribution
- Pension Administration
- Third Party Administration