We are currently recruiting for adjudicators (complaint handlers) on a contractual basis to join our client, the Financial Ombudsman Service; who are an independent and impartial complaint reviewer for the financial services industry.
The role will require you to investigate both sides of a dispute relating to pensions and then make a fair and reasonable decision on the outcome, so a thorough understanding of pension products and schemes is essential. You will be provided with best-in-class training, and get to work alongside other bright individuals in a culture of excellence.
The ideal candidate for this role will -
• Will hold one or more of the following professional qualifications: G60, G70, R04, R06, FPC (1, 2 & 3), AF3, DipFP (level 3), J05.
• Have an ability to use judgement, with a focus on quality, customer service and doing the right thing.
• Have the ability to mediate and build rapport through conversations on the telephone, whilst using discretion.
• Have exceptional written and verbal communication skills
• Be a good listener; ensuring that people feel that they have been heard fairly even if a decision hasn't gone their way.
• Be able to deal with difficult customers and remain composed under pressure
• Have an aptitude for problem solving, with excellent attention to detail.
• Experience with retirement planning, wealth management, advising on pension products and schemes.
In return you will be rewarded with a generous day rate with excellent training and support. Your knowledge will grow quickly and this is a genuine opportunity to work for an exceptional company.
We are looking for candidates who can start as soon as possible, or after their notice period, and the initial tenure for the contract is 18 months, with a further review after that. This full time role is deemed to be inside IR35, therefore the pay rate is £250 (Umbrella rate) per day.
Should you have the right experience, please apply with your most up to date version of your CV and we will be in contact to give you more information.
- Financial Services
- Problem Solving
- Wealth Management
- Retirement Planning