My client council based in Bexley are looking for an interim Pensions accountant for a period of 3-6 months, with potential to becoming longer term
This role will be based – Bexleyheath
• Undertake all accounting for the Pension Funds of the three authorities complying with statutory requirements
• Ensure that senior managers and members receive correct and consistent financial advice in relation to pension fund accounting and investment decisions, financial frameworks, policies and legislation.
• Undertake accounting for all Pension Fund transactions.
• To prepare all Pension Fund accounts, their submission to audit and to deal with audit queries as part of the closure of accounts process.
• To provide financial advice and support to the Pension Committees and Pension Boards of the three councils.
• To prepare reports to members, senior stakeholders, the Pension Committees and Pensions Boards.
• To work with investment advisers on fund manager monitoring reports.
For this role you will ideally have:
• CIPFA or equivalent qualified accountant or relevant knowledge gained through experience in LGPS finance.
• Ability to interpret financial data/information, apply logic and judgement
• Knowledge of Pension Fund accounting.
• Good communication influencing and presentation skills
• A pro-active approach to work, including identifying and resolving problems/issues.
If you have the necessary skill set please do not hesitate to apply online today or email Francesca.firstname.lastname@example.org
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business