Our client is a Financial Services organisation based in Perthshire. There is a requirement for a Pensions Accountant to join the finance team on a 3 month contract. The purpose of the role is to provide management and financial accounting for the Pension Schemes in order to meet department objectives and ensure statutory and corporate compliance
Pensions Accountant responsibilities:
- Prepare annual pension scheme accounts and associated reports, statements and returns to meet corporate and statutory requirements.
- Provide monthly accounting for the Scheme's investments in accordance with accounting standards, and monitor the performance of the various asset classes in order to provide accurate investment data and to identify and highlight anomalies or issues which need to referred to senior management.
- Manage the FRCF reporting process for submission of detailed asset information to the company. This is used for calculation of the IAS 19 pension scheme surplus/deficit as published in the company accounts.
- Manage the annual budgeting and forecasting process for both the Schemes and for the Department, in order to be submitted to senior management for approval.
Pensions Accountant skills:
- Qualified accountant with financial services experience is essential
- Knowledge of all aspects of pension scheme accounting
- A broad knowledge of investments and the different investment instruments
- Advanced Excel user