Pension Transfer Consultant
To provide quality pension transfer advice to members with defined benefit or defined contribution arrangements, referrals will either be from bulk projects being undertaken by clients, or will be as part of embedded BAU processes called the Pension Decision Service and as required you will be responsible for liaising with any other relevant team including the T & C Team in terms of authorisation and competency, the administration manager and team in terms of workflow.
Jardine Lloyd Thompson Group plc (JLT) is one of the world's leading providers of insurance, reinsurance and employee benefits related advice, brokerage and associated services. Our client proposition is built upon our deep specialist knowledge, client advocacy, tailored advice and service excellence. Together, we place our clients first, champion independent thinking and expect to be judged on the results we deliver. JLT has offices in 40 territories with more than 10600 employees supported by the JLT International Network enabling us to offer risk management and employee benefit solutions in 135 countries.
- Responsible for the provision of financial advice to clients around drawing benefits from their associated pension funds.
- To provide the appropriate advice to each client and charge the relevant fee for this service.
- To maintain client relationship systems and database with accurate recording/ maintenance of the data.
- Responsible for ensuring compliance procedures are adhered to and documented in accordance with the required business processes.
- Responsible for ensuring that the quality of output for all clients is technically correct at all times and meets corporate standards.
- Ensuring competence is attained within the prescribed timescale by undertaking the training programme and additional developmental activities required by the firm.
- Ensuring maintenance of competence by constantly reviewing own training needs and, in conjunction with your Supervisor, addressing those needs in an appropriate and timely manner.
Successful candidates will demonstrate:
- Diploma in Financial Services or above with SPS.
- CF30 / G60/ AF3 Qualification in Pension Planning
- Relevant experience within the Financial services sector
- Advisory experience in Pensions
As you would expect from a company like Jardine Lloyd Thompson, we offer highly attractive reward packages. We are aware of how integral our employees are to our progress, so we ensure that everyone shares in that success. Whilst this varies from company to company within Jardine Lloyd Thompson in the UK, typical benefits can include:
- Employee share schemes
- Flexible Benefit Scheme (called Choices)
- Generous holiday entitlement
- Pension Plan
- Private healthcare scheme
JLT aims to be an equal opportunities employer and we would like to encourage applications from all the community, irrespective of race, religion, gender, disability, age or sexual orientation.