The role of Pension Calculation Analyst is likely to appeal to the technically minded pensions professional, adept at reading scheme rules and/or an advanced Excel user with general systems aptitude, you will have previous occupational pensions work experience either in an administration or systems position. Whilst no day is ever the same, a typical day in the role would see you interpreting pensions technical documentation and member data and interacting with our Pensions Administration teams aswell as producing detailed calculation proforma and supporting test packs. Would you relish a new challenge working alongside Developers creating the calculations for individual DB and DC schemes for our clients? In return for your hard work, a competitive base salary with generous benefits package and enormous opportunity for motivated colleagues to enhance and advance their career within the organization. Please do not hesitate to make contact to apply or just for a general conversation if the opportunity appeals to you.
Responsible for the production and systems testing of pensions calculation automation software. The role requires the associate to:
- Interpret business requirements and member data
- Interact with the external client facing self-service administration teams and the calculation analysts teams based in the UK and Manila
Apply your skills as a member of a focused, technically competent calculation automation team that prides themselves on excellence. This role would ideally suit someone with a pension's administration background or related experience and a keen interest in IT / systems or development.
The variety of work is extensive and as such the role will present an exciting opportunity to develop many technical skills and enhance existing pensions and legislative domain knowledge.
The role involves:
- Provide pensions legislative knowledge
- Work on a large portfolio of DB, DC and hybrid schemes
- Interpret business requirements.
- Code and systems test calculation software including letters, statements, data extracts and write backs (training to be provided)
- Collaborate with the Lead System Consultant team during data migration to ensure consistency between the data and calculation project streams
- Keep stake holders up to date, share concerns and propose solutions where appropriate
- Provide an efficient, professional service to meet all client needs and to promote the Towers Watson brand
Willis Towers Watson's Technology and Administration Solutions (TAS) is a global line of business whose revenue is primarily driven from providing outsourced pension administration services to occupational pension funds. Our three largest markets are Germany, UK and US. We have worked with some of the world's leading organizations for over 25 years to provide benefit administration and outsourcing to over five million participants across the globe.
Minimum Criteria & Skills
The essential skills/experience for this position are:
- Some prior work with the Python programming language, preferably covering some Object-Oriented aspects and/or experience in another Object-Oriented programming language
- Working knowledge of MS Excel / MS Word.
- DB and or DC occupational pension schemes experience.
- Pass at C or above for Maths and English at GCSE or equivalent
- Interpersonal skills to include good written and verbal communication
- Good time management skills and the ability to organise and prioritise own workload
- Proven problem solving and analytical skills
- Working knowledge of UNIX and SQL is advantageous but not mandatory as training will be provided.
- Previous experience in a technical role is not necessary as training will be provided for the programming tools required to build the calculation and reporting software. This will consist of internal modular training courses, an external SQL course if appropriate and supported on-the-job work. A mentor will be assigned to the successful candidate to provide day to day support and to oversee career development.
- Ability to work on own initiative when required, as well as in a team.
Willis Towers Watson (NASDAQ: WLTW) is a leading global advisory, broking and solutions company that helps clients around the world turn risk into a path for growth. With roots dating to 1828, Willis Towers Watson has 40,000 employees serving more than 140 countries. We design and deliver solutions that manage risk, optimize benefits, cultivate talent, and expand the power of capital to protect and strengthen institutions and individuals. Our unique perspective allows us to see the critical intersections between talent, assets and ideas - the dynamic formula that drives business performance. Together, we unlock potential. Learn more at willistowerswatson.com
Willis Towers Watson is an equal opportunity employer
- senior pensions administrator