Location: Exeter, United Kingdom
Job ID R_066420-en
We are currently looking to grow our established Pensions Admin team based in Exeter and are looking for several Entry Level Pensions Administrators to join our team.
The purpose of this role will be to undertake all routine administration tasks on a portfolio of pension schemes. The duties will include maintaining scheme databases, calculating member benefits and processing member events, year-end processes and producing benefit statements, prompt investment of scheme contributions if applicable. You will also be expected to deliver service in a customer focused and conscientious manner and ensure customers are treated fairly at all times.
This role would suit someone with either previous experience in an administrative capacity or even a School/College/University leaver with strong communication/organizational and time management skills looking for a career within insurance.
- Accurately calculate and pay out benefits for members of the scheme, both manually and using ProFund Classic and oPen, as required.
- Deal with all types of correspondence and calls from Member/Advisors/Trustees with a close attention to detail
- Enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across a wide range of member or scheme events
- Promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail and telephone
- Organise and prioritise own work, ensuring completion within quality standards and agreed service levels.
- Assist others on the team as required and support change and development activities within the team
- Provide ideas and suggestions for improving working methods taking into account client and member experience, where appropriate implement and document to the Service Delivery Manager for adoption across the business.
- Behave at all time in a professional and courteous way to colleagues, clients and customers.
- Working understanding of the Microsoft office package, mainly Outlook, Excel and Word
- Attention to detail
- Strong communication skills
- Good level of mathematics ability
- Experience working in the Pension or Financial industry or office based working is desirable but can be taught
At Mercer, we make a difference in the lives of more than 115 million people every day by advancing their health, wealth, and careers. We’re in the business of creating more secure and rewarding futures for our clients and their employees — whether we’re designing affordable health plans, assuring income for retirement or aligning workers with workforce needs. Using analysis and insights as catalysts for change, we anticipate and understand the individual impact of business decisions, now and in the future. We see people’s current and future needs through a lens of innovation, and our holistic view, specialized expertise, and deep analytical rigor underpin each and every idea and solution we offer.
For more than 70 years, we’ve turned our insights into actions, enabling people around the globe to live, work, and retire well. We embrace a culture that celebrates and promotes the many backgrounds, heritages and perspectives of our colleagues and clients. At Mercer, we say we Make Tomorrow, Today.
Marsh & McLennan Companies & its affiliates aim to attract and retain the best people regardless of their gender expression or identity, marital and civil partnership status, ethnic origin, nationality, age, background, disability, sexual orientation or beliefs
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'