Barnett Waddingham is a partner-led business which prides itself in providing straightforward and well communicated pensions advice. This philosophy means that we are dependent on talented and well trained employees who enjoy working in a closely knit and friendly organisation. Our growth has been significant since our creation in 1989. We aim to continue this growth by recruiting people who share in Barnett Waddingham’s values.
The Pension Administration Business was established in 1993. Our core business is the provision of services to trustees of UK occupational pension schemes DB, DC, CARE, cash balance - and we will do this as a stand-alone "admin-only" appointment or in conjunction with services provided by other Barnett Waddingham Practice Areas.
We are recruiting for several pension administrators with DB experience to join our Leeds team in support of recent new business wins.
Each team is managed by a team leader and work is carried out in accordance with the Pension Administration Department’s control environment procedures which are in place to ensure accuracy and timeliness of the services for clients.
- Prepare manual and computer generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Maintain our bespoke database; prepare system-generated benefit calculations and related correspondence
- Communicate with clients, their employees and former employees and advisers
- Carry out and check cash handling and accounting functions to client pension and related arrangements, liaising with bank and investment managers as appropriate
- Process and check client pensioner payrolls, including calculation of net pay, arranging payments, liaison with tax offices and preparation of year end returns
- Liaise with authorities including DWP, HMRC (including NICO), The Pensions Regulator and the Information Commissioner
- Read, research and understand documentation relating to each scheme, for example, deeds
- Check work of other team members, ensuring accuracy and compliance with procedures and legislation, as agreed
- Project based work as agreed from time to time
- Encourage the team to look for efficiency gains
- Carry out activities in line with agreed service levels
- Support effective team working and be willing to ask others for support
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time
- Support, Implement and Maintain Information Security procedures and activities in accordance to Barnett Waddingham’s Information Security Policy
Experience / Qualifications
- GCSE Maths and English at grade C and above are essential, although progress with other relevant PMI qualifications such as CPA would be an advantage
- Most important of all is to have relevant final salary / defined benefit pension administration experience, probably gained within a third party administrator
- You should be able to demonstrate good technical understanding and the ability to do pension calculations
- A strong understanding of Microsoft Office programmes, in particular Excel, Word and Outlook
What we offer
We offer you the chance to join an award-winning pension consultancy, which will allow you to progress and develop to your full potential. We have a very competitve benefits package, which includes an annual discretionary bonus, interest-free annual season ticket travel loan, the ability to buy or sell up to 5 days holiday and much, much more.
- Defined Benefit
- Pension Administration
- Pension Systems
- Pension Calculations
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job