This role offers the opportunity for an experienced pensions administrator to specialise in pension scheme events and be involved in large national projects. Training will be given in the specialist areas but previous DB pensions administration experience is essential. You will be fully supported in your PMI studies and receive a generous benefit package to include an excellent pension, 25 days holiday, private medical insurance plus tailored flexible benefits.
Join a friendly team providing an accurate, reliable and high standard of pension administration service for members, Trustees and Clients. You will be competent in your use of technical and process knowledge and report to the Team Manager.
- To promptly and professionally communicate with clients and scheme members on queries when required via letter, e-mail and telephone
- Ensure Errors and omissions and complaints are handled in accordance with agreed procedures and within appropriate timescales, through liaison with the SSC Team Manager.
- Escalate to the SSC Team Manager any opportunities/ideas for change
- To ensure that all procedures are followed when undertaking work for Members, Trustees and Clients across member and scheme processing.
- Flexible and adaptable to the work demands as advised by SSC Team Manager.
- Accountable for your contribution to the performance of the service delivery of your team and reporting progress on a regular basis.
- Be accountable for the standard and quality of own work
- Perform pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across all scheme events
- To be developing or have the ability to perform complex pensions calculations, enter pensions data and answer complex enquiries to the required standard using automated and non-automated manual/system processes across all scheme events
- To be developing or to have obtained the ability to undertake checking activity as required to support team members
- Continuous achievement of required service levels for scheme processing and at the required level of quality.
- To be flexible and adaptable to work demands as advised by the SSC Team Manager
- To accurately record own time spent, in accordance with standard procedures
- To support in the monthly/quarterly billing of the team’s client, if required
- To support in the production of client Stewardship Reports and scheme event processing timetables for your team’s clients.
- Preferably educated to GSCE level. Including Mathematics and English Language grade C and above.
Skills & experience
- Ability to perform Pensions and Complex Pensions Administration calculations
- Intermediate Computer Skills, strong Excel
- Ability to self develop
- Ability to work in a team
- Ability to follow processes
- Ability to check member work as appropriate to your skill level and experience
- Ability to coach other Administration Service Representatives
- Progression towards an pension industry standard accreditation / obtaining qualifications
- Microsoft Excel
- Pension Administration
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job