Salary: from £49,000 per annum
Contract: permanent/ full-time
Location: Work from home
Jisc is helping to ensure the UK remains at the forefront of innovation within UK education and research - by mobilising the very best people and technologies in the application of digital thinking, digital content and connectivity.
It's our vision to enable the UK to become the most digitally-advanced education and research nation in the world. It's a bold statement, but one that we're determined to fulfil.
About the role
This is a role any penetration tester would thoroughly enjoy, you will be supporting the delivery of penetration testing and security assessment services to members and customers of the Janet Network, the Janet Network serves 18 million users and is the busiest National Research and Education Network (NREN) in Europe by volume of data carried.
You will also work to support the services within the professional security services portfolio and be responsible for supporting and helping to expanding development of the penetration and security assessment service delivered by the cyber security division.
We're looking for someone who has:
- The ability to provide appropriate briefings to a range of different management audiences, simplifying complex security data and provide guidance on suitable penetration testing and defensive methods
- A clear understanding of the law as it relates to computer security
- The ability to provide advice and support to other teams, customers and third-party suppliers on detected security threats and advising of best course of action
- Experience and understanding of the requirements of working within ISO9001 and ISO27001 environments.
Benefits of working for Jisc:
- 28 days annual leave (including three closure days at Christmas) plus eight bank holidays
- Our generous USS contributory pension scheme (8% employee and 18% employer contribution) is a valuable part of our reward package
- Competitive maternity, adoption and paternity arrangements
- Death-in-service benefit of three times salary
- Several staff schemes including season ticket loans, childcare vouchers, cycle-to-work, eye care, employee assistance
- Opportunity for performance-related pay progression
- IT discounts with selected suppliers
This role will be based from home.
Jisc is a geographically-distributed organisation and travel across the UK with occasional overnight stays will be required.