Chess are looking to recruit a Penetration Tester to join the Cybersecurity Division based in Bury St Edmunds. As a Penetration Tester, you will be expected to conduct formal tests and simulated attacks on web-based applications, networks and other types of computer systems on a regular basis.
This role reports into our Engineering Team Leader
"a GREAT place to work, a GREAT place to be a customer"
Chess are one of the UK’s leading Voice, Connect, Cloud, Cybersecurity and Digital solution providers,helping over 100,000 businesses grow through innovative technology and expert advice.
Not only do we pride ourselves on our award-winning service, we are extremely proud to have been placed #1 in 'The Sunday Times 100 Best Companies to Work for’ list 2018 after 9 consecutive years in the top 100.
You will be able to use your technical skills along with industry applications/processes to identify weaknesses and report on findings. This is a customer facing role and you will be dealing with a range of internal and external clients, so it is important that you are a confident communicator and will be comfortable with dealing with clients as well as the technical aspects of the role.
As part of the Chess Cybersecurity team you will also be expected to be familiar with the other products and services offered by the organisation. Training on these will be provided.
Duties to include but not restricted to:
- Carry out application, network, systems and infrastructure penetration tests
- Review physical security, perform social engineering tests and phishing tests
- Evaluate and select from a range of penetration testing tools
- Keep up to date with latest testing and ethical hacking methods
- Create Scope of Works documentation for penetration tests
- Deploy the testing methodology and collect data
- Report on findings to a range of stakeholders
- Make suggestions for security improvements
- Enhance existing methodology material
Key Skills Required:
- Good understanding of network protocols
- Solid technical skills in both information security architecture and penetration testing
- Project planning skills
- A sold understanding of ethical hacking
- Scripting and programming experience is beneficial
- Ability to explain findings to non-technical professionals
- Excellent report writing and presentation skills
- Customer facing skills
- Able to work independently but also as part of a team
- Work with the engineering manager to develop new products and services
- Outstanding organisational and data analytics skills
- Comfortable working in a fast-paced environment
- Certified Register of Ethical Security Testers (CREST)
- Cyber-security certifications (CHECK, CTM, CTL, CREST, TIGER, OSCP
- Recognised Security testing certifications 9GIAC, CEH)
- Previous penetration testing experience of systems, web-based applications and networks
- Solid knowledge and experience of using a variety of penetration testing or threat modelling tools including open source and commercial
- Experience of threat reporting and assessing vulnerabilities
- Scripting skills are desirable
Basic salary: £40-45k depending on experience.
Bonus: This role qualifies for the company bonus scheme and the engineering bonus program.
Total OTE: up to £60k depending on experience
Benefits include: Pension, Health Care, Life Assurance and Loyalty Scheme, Company Online Benefits - where you can save money on almost all of your lifestyle expenses from buying a car to eating out in a restaurant. In addition, we offer free food each day (breakfast and lunch) and we have wellbeing social clubs with the options to do things such as Yoga, Running, walking.
Hours: 37½ hours per week Monday to Friday, 9am - 5.30pm.
Holiday Allowance: 20 days paid holiday p.a. increased upon anniversaries, ultimately to 24 days p.a., plus public holidays
"Play Your Part"
Our growth creates opportunity for everyone to progress their career, to develop knowledge and skill, to gain reward and recognition and to maximise their potential. The growth and success of our people ensures the growth and success of our business. We believe that "if you’re not growing, we’re not growing".
If you are looking for a career that brings exciting challenges and opportunities, then Chess Cybersecurity is the place for you.
- Ethical Hacker
- Network Security
- Testing Tools
- Penetration Testing