Our busy and expanding client is recruiting for a PED technician. The profilic IT company provide technical services to a number of the UK's largest retailers. Due to huge success they are continuing to grow and require a number of Workshop based Technicians at their head office facility in Newmarket, Suffolk.
A normal day would include testing, cleaning and repair of customers IT devices. You would be specifically including EPOS, Printers, Cash drawers, PC’s, Scanners etc.
You must be flexible and reliable as the week is typically 40 hours (08:30 - 17:30 with 1 hour for lunch). This is worked over for 5 days in any 7 and does involve some weekend working, and may also require some overtime.
This is a permanent position offering a competitive rate of pay, on site parking, company benefits and a fun working environment.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Provide in house repair and test services as part of the workshop team
- Provide a professional approach to all work, completing it to a high quality standard.
- Picking parts from stock and carrying equipment to benches Ensure all bench stock is maintained and regularly audited.
- Ensure the process and procedures for all parts whether broken, needing repair, or returning are strictly adhered to.
- All paperwork to be completed exactly to Workshop Manager requirements.
- Ensure that all documentation and manuals necessary to fulfil the role is current, and is available at all times.
- Support colleague engineers where necessary, ensuring quality criteria is maintained at all times.
- Ensure you comply with all Health and Safety processes and procedures necessary for the role and. In addition to maintaining up to date certifications as directed by the company.
- Good written and spoken English
- Methodical Approach
- Good organisational skills
- Working knowledge of windows and an appreciation of other software
- Own transport, due to location
- Warehouse experience
If you obtain these attributes , have a "Can Do" approach and wish to join a hardworking team, please call the office; we look forward to hearing from you.