Pre-Delivery Inspection Engineer - Fareham
Salary £negotiable (DOE) + overtime + benefits
Do you want to work for a fast-paced growing National company, with excellent career stability and progression prospects; where hard work is well rewarded? Then a job within AFI Group is for you.
AFI are currently recruiting for a Pre-Delivery Inspection (PDI) Engineer to be based at our Southampton depot.
Under the direction of the Senior Engineer, you will be responsible for completing Pre-Delivery Inspections as required at the depot, and performing other engineering tasks as necessary.
The role in brief
- Carrying out PDIs, services, repairs, manufacturer updates and maintaining the corporate image of our fleet of rental machines
- Accurately complete all necessary recording of checks using a company issued PDA, following company procedure at all times
- Communicate effectively with the engineering team and hire office to make sure that the depot maintains maximum machine availability
The ideal candidate:
- You should have a sound mechanical knowledge in a heavy plant background, i.e. powered access, forklifts, dumpers, excavators
- Some knowledge of electro/hydraulic systems would be preferable
- You will be working closely with customers and colleagues, so you must be able to communicate professionally
- You must be able to prioritise tasks in an ever changing demanding hire environment
AFI Group is a leading provider of access solutions, from the hire and purchase of access equipment, to accredited training and service / maintenance of machines. With a current network of 27 hire locations across the UK and over 5,000 machines, AFI has a strong emphasis on Health and Safety and is proud to hold various accreditations (ISO9001, ISO14001, ISO18001, 5* Achilles BuildingConfidence, Gold RoSPA award – to name a few).
We offer an excellent benefits package:
- 23 days holidays per year rising to 25, plus statutory holidays
- Inclusion in a monthly profit share scheme
- An auto-enrolment pension scheme with employer contributions
- Death-in-Service benefit of 2 x salary
- Healthcare Cash Plan
- AFI Rewards
In addition we have invested in an excellent induction programme, and staff training (we currently hold a Gold Investors in People award).
Please note that we operate a 2 stage interview process and online testing to screen candidates.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'