Would you like to work with the internationally recognised and market-leading Volvo Construction Equipment brand?
If so, we have an excellent front line support opportunity to carry out the SMT GB Machine Preparation at our Immingham Depot.
If you are looking for a position with opportunities to progress your career then we are a company that wants to help you, guide you, and inspire you to achieve your full potential. Here at SMT GB we have an employee focused approach and we are a 'learning company' which continually facilitates the development of our employees to improve our business.
You will responsible for effectively, competently, and safely carrying out machine preparation and inline inspection to the highest standards.
Key Responsibilities of the Role:
- To carry out pre-delivery inspection and local preparation, including: the fitting of buckets, vandal guards, radios, reverse cameras, and any other extras that may be required
- To ensure that all machines are checked as detailed on the PDI
- To ensure a smart professional appearance, wearing appropriate PPE
- Complete PDA inputs in 'real time' providing comprehensive details of the work undertaken
- To assist and coach colleagues with technical support where necessary
- To maintain a sufficient toolkit to enable you to carry out the job effectively
- To work in accordance with SMT GB standards of health and safety, quality and environmental care
- To carry out any other duties that may be reasonably requested by your manager
- To have the flexibility to work am/pm shift work which comes with a shift allowance
Engineer | Plant Maintenance | Agriculture | HGC Mechanics | Construction Plant | MPCEssential Skills
- A formal engineering qualification in Plant Maintenance, Agricultural/HGV mechanics
- Relevant experience in heavy construction plant
- High attention to detail
- Responsible, reliable, honest, trustworthy, and a good time keeper
- Be able to drive and handle heavy construction machinery in a safe and efficient manner
Benefits Competitive rates of pay, Company Bonus Scheme, Employee Discounts, Tool Kits, Pension Scheme, Life Insurance, Medical Cash Plan, On-site Medicals, Work Wear, 30 days holiday, rising to 35 days with service (including bank holidays).Desirable Skills
- Hold a full driving licence
- Welding ability
SMT is a premium distributor and aftersales partner for Volvo Construction Equipment.
We create value by providing sustainable and integrated solutions for the heavy equipment and transport industries across Europe and Africa.
We are the industry leader with state-of-the-art products and services that maximizing the benefits for all stakeholders.
We are a great place to work, with highly skilled teams that are inspired and dedicated to helping our customers succeed.
We are the partner of choice for our customers throughout the lifetime of their equipment.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"