My client, based in Portchester, near Fareham Hampshire is looking to recruit a permanent PCO (Product Cost Optimization) Project Engineer to join their expanding business.
The PCO Project Engineer will be responsible for delivering Product Cost Optimisation, VAVE and customer driven projects to quality, cost and timing targets using the companies change management process.
Developing and augmenting cost optimisation projects and any other initiatives that support the drive to a more proactive forward looking organisation.
Coordinates and reports on UK PCO opportunities and develops working relationships with Customers, Manufacturing, Engineering, Purchasing, Sales, Finance and Quality departments.
Facilitates PCO, component development and continuous improvement activity through cross-functional teams.
Support in conducting design reviews with customers and cross-functional teams to ensure all disciplines have approved design direction. Support marketing with quote development, engineering analysis and risk based evaluation of PCO proposals.
- Drives cross functional team meetings and engages resource to achieve project deliverables and resolve issues that have been identified.
- Lead by example the drive for continuous improvement in all business processes and systems
- Ensure all business targets are measurable, available, agreed and understood with the customer and internal stakeholders.
- Develop and manage project milestones using recognised project management principles.
- Manage and report on project status to agreed targets.
- Deliver project on time to quality and cost targets.
- React promptly and effectively to the changing needs of projects
- Identify any potential project risks and establish corrective actions
- Participate in Advanced Product Quality Planning (APQA) and Production Part Approval Process (PPAP) processes
- Manage Key Performance Indicators (KPIs)
- Provide management reports on monthly basis.
- Ensure the compliance of the Health & Safety Policy.
- Ensure that you comply and adopt the CANDO programme regarding the organisation of your work environment.
- Any other duties as may be reasonably requested by the Customer and Product Improvement Manager
This exciting opportunity is being advertised at an annual salary of £35000 - £43000. Other benefits that my client can offer are as follows.
* Pension Scheme
* Childcare vouchers
* Perkbox eligibility
* Cycle to work scheme
* Employee suggestion scheme
* Employee of the month, quarter and year eligibility
* Annual Pay review
* 26 days holiday plus 8 Bank Holidays (Xmas Shutdown between Xmas and New Year).
For more information please contact Claire Adaway on or to apply please submit your C.V. using the link.
- Product Engineer
- Product Cost Optimization