About The RoleBASE: Work flexibly across 4 member practices
SCOPE OF THE JOB - This new and exciting role involves working with Hoddesdon and BroxbournePCN which provides medical care for around 41,500 patients.
We seek an experienced Dietician to predominantly liaise with obese patients requiring surgery and those with associated risks/comorbidities including Diabetes. Our vision is to develop the Dietician role in line with best practice working collaboratively with a dedicated Health and Wellbeing coach in a holistic enviorment.
- Support changes to food intake to address diabetes, food allergies, coeliac disease and metabolic diseases.
- Translate public health and scientific research on food, health and disease into practical guidance to enable people to make appropriate lifestyle and food choices.
- Provide specialist nutrition and diet advice to patients, their carers and healthcare professionals through treatment and education plans and prescriptions.
- Provide dietary support to patients of all ages (from early-life to end-of-life care).
- Educate patients with diet-related disorders on how they can improve their health and prevent disease by adopting healthier eating and drinking habits.
- Make recommendations to PCN staff regarding changes to medications for the nutritional management of patients, based on interpretation of biochemical, physiological, and dietary requirements.
- Develop, implement and evaluate a seamless nutrition support service that is aimed at continuously improving standards of patient care and wider MDT working.
- Work with clinicians, MDT colleagues, and external agencies to ensure the smooth transition of patients discharged from hospital back into primary care, so that they can continue their diet plan.
As this is a new role, this job description and the above areas of responsibility are an indication of the role and could be subject to change as the impact of primary care network commissioning evolves.
We have the right to close the vacancy earlier than the closing date, if we reach the maximum number of applications.
This role is also being advertised on the Essex Primary Care Careers website, please complete only one application, duplications will not be considered.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE
Interviews to be held w/c 12th October.
About The Candidate
The appropriate individual will be a qualified Dietician with BSc in Nutrition & Dietetics (or equivalent) with a registration with the British Dietetic Association.
You will have strong experience of working in Nutrition & Dietetics within a healthcare setting.
The successful candidate will be able to advise patients on special dietary requirements (i.e. food allergies, coeliac disease, diabetes etc.) as well as educating health professionals and the public about nutrition.
You will have strong experience and knowledge of working with different patient groups and needs across a diverse population. You will have excellent communication skills in addressing and providing health advice to patients to learn about their health goals and dietary needs, preferences, and restrictions.
You will be used to working within a multi-disciplinary team.
About the Surgery
We are a forward-thinking PCN comprising of 4 practices within close proximity of each other. Our vision, principals and aims:
- To enjoy and respect the team we work with.
- To work for patients by providing good professional care.
- To find innovative solutions to deliver the best care for our patients.
- We are democratic, open and transparent thereby creating mutual benefits for all our practices.
- We believe good working relationships drive integration and we work collaboratively with ICPs and local hospitals.
- We value integrity, and demand respect for each other.
We believe success comes through recognising and encouraging the value of people and teams
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'