PCB Repair Technician
Salary £25,000 - £29,000
Millers Vanguard a specialist Maintenance provider for Bakery & Catering Equipment are looking for a talented Electronic Service & Repair PCB Bench Engineer to work within our Workshop at Mossfield Mill, Bury. The purpose of the role is to provide a professional repair service of varied printed circuit boards to support our Service & Maintenance operations along with tracking of PCBs through our internal database. This is a fantastic opportunity for someone who is of advanced electronic component level repair experience in both digital and analogue electronics where your skills will be utilised as follows:
- Reverse engineer both digital and electronic PCB circuits
- Identify PCB faults
- Repair and calibration of PCB's / instrumentation
- Prepare diagnostics and repair reports
- Source / identify electronic component and suppliers
- Place orders for spare parts
- Provide telephone / online technical support
- Communicate technical feedback for support and training progression
- Through hole and SMD soldering skills
- Experienced with DVM's, bench power supplies, oscilloscopes and other hardware test equipment
It is essential that the individual possesses a good understanding of:
- Micro controller / PLC technology
- SMPS and inverters technologies
- LED and LCD VDU's technologies
- RS 232, 432, 485, USB, Ethernet, HMI protocols as well as with proprietary ports
- Software installation and configuration
- Provide good customer service care
- Good written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to be able to operate with minimal supervision.
- Willingness to work in a fast paced and growing technical environment
The successful bench electronics PCB service / repair engineer will hold an electronic related qualification (HNC / HND / Degree) and must have the practical ability and experience to fault find and repair to component level in this hands-on role requiring a combination of technical knowledge and practical skills.
The candidate will have a flexible and organised approach to work, be willing to work outside of normal working hours if necessary and provide excellent customer service
This is an excellent career opportunity in a progressive electronic service and repair PCB engineering department where comprehensive product training will be provided across the range of technically challenging equipment supported by the company.
Working hours are 8am-5pm Monday to Friday and a Full company uniform will be provided.