Job Title: PCB New Product Introduction Engineer
Job Type- Full Time, Permanent
Salary- Upon Application
An exciting opportunity is now available for an experienced PCB New Product Introduction Engineer to join a unique company based in Stevenage within their Electronics Design function.
Working in the global defence industry, they currently have 10,000 employees across their UK and European offices and are now looking to increase their headcount by 5% in 2018. The PCB NPI Engineer will want to develop a long- term career owning all technology and design for manufacture aspects of PCB and component technology introduction from concept through to introduction into manufacturing.
Primary Responsibilities of the PCB NPI Engineer:
- The role encompasses knowledge and skills in each of the relevant skill areas and provides a service to the design engineers as design activities progress. It is a key role providing advice on design for manufacture and design for reliability issues working with multiple stakeholders around the business to manage the introduction of the technology and product into the manufacturing facility.
- The PCB NPI engineer will be working across project teams and will have some international working, liaising and influencing non-UK teams working on similar technologies and design projects to ensure best practice and technology needs are identified and managed to provide repeatable processes for manufacture.
The skill areas are:
- PCB Assembly Technology - the understanding of PCB Materials, their characteristics, component technology and critically how they are assembled.
- Project management - the understanding of good communication and being able to deliver a project into manufacturing without inherent design issues impacting manufacturing's ability to achieve cost and rate targets.
What's in it for you:
- Competitive salaries, flexible working, paid overtime (subject to level), a comprehensive pension scheme, an employee funded voluntary private healthcare scheme, sporting activities, fantastic site facilities, bonus schemes (subject to level) and superb learning and development opportunities.
Please note that in order to apply for this role you will need to be eligible for SC (Secret Level) UK Security Clearance.
What we are looking for:
- Have experience in PCB assembly technology through either a PCB fabrication house or a PCB assembly house or other closely related experience.
- Will ideally have a minimum qualification in Electronics or a closely related subject. This could be ONC, HNC etc.
- Have experience in working closely with a design environment advising on PCB design for manufacture and PCB layout technologies.
- Have experience delivering designs into a manufacturing environment and establishing the capability to ensure the design can be manufactured to time and cost.
- Ability to clearly communicate to mechanical & electronic designers any PCB limitations associated with their initial proposals and influencing the adoption of alternative solutions in line with best practice.
- Work to tight or critical timescales, identifying and addressing critical aspects as a priority
- Production / process engineering background
- Have excellent verbal communication and written communication skills
- Pro-activeness, motivation, ability and tenacity to deliver a task on time and to cost.
Aeropeople are a leading dedicated Aerospace and Autosport technical services provider specialising in the recruitment of permanent and temporary staff. With our heritage firmly embedded in the Aerospace industry, we ensure the highest levels of expertise and commitment not only our customers but in placing our permanent & temporary staff. With our head office in Cambridge, support offices throughout the UK and offices in Germany, UAE and Italy, Aeropeople are best placed to service your career aspirations.