Your new company
Hays Accountancy & Finance are exclusively recruiting for a Full time Payroll Advisor for a market leading government service provider in central Sheffield.
The role sits within the HR functions of the business and covers a broad range of payroll responsibilities. The payroll advisor reports into the line manager with day-to-day supervision by the Office Manager.
The main duties of the role include:
- Manage the payroll processing to the outsourced supplier
- Be the first port of contact for employees on any payroll queries
- Understand and advise team and employees on tax implications, including treatment of benefits through a flexible benefit scheme.
- Update the HR database with all changes to pay, benefits, bank details and addresses prior to the payroll deadline and submit electronic files to the payroll provider for processing. Liaise with colleagues to ensure key data is submitted in time
- Collate information and ensure any payroll transactions (e.g. starters, leavers, maternity, changes to pay, unpaid leave, salary review, bonus etc.) are processed accurately and submitted to the payroll provider by the payroll deadline.
- Respond to earnings enquires from external bodies
- Work to deadlines to get information sent to Payroll supplier in line with the different payroll timescales.
- Check the payroll reports when returned and ensure any processing errors are rectified before pay day. Respond to Accounts queries in relation to their reconciliation.
- Manage the day-to-day relationship with the payroll supplier and ensure service standards are met.
- Work with team members on P11D production
- Ensure database is updated to reflect pension contributions
- Check data files against payroll and finance records and action any queries
- Upload files to pension provider platform and resolving any issues
- Responsible for monthly benefit windows to inform employees of benefits available and the process for any benefit changes.
- Ensure database is updated to reflect status of employees on Maternity, Paternity, Adoption or Shared Parental leave. Communicating with employees as appropriate to obtain forms for payment of statutory or occupational pay and liaising with the payroll provider accordingly
- Keeping up to date knowledge of HMRC guidelines as well as HR and employment law relating to payroll
- Assist with HR projects
- Any other reasonable task as advised from time-to-time.
For this full time payroll advisor role the client is looking for an applicant with proven experience within a payroll and/or pensions processing position, who also ideally has up to date knowledge of Tax, National Insurance and payroll legislation.
The successful candidate must be able to work under their own initiative and be able to manage workload priorities.
In return for this excellent opportunity the client is willing to offer a competitive annual salary between £20,000 - £22,000. On top of this excellent salary the client is going to offer a highly competitive package.
What you need to do now
If you're interested in this role, click 'apply now' to forward an up-to-date copy of your CV, or call us now.
If this job isn't quite right for you but you are looking for a new position, please contact us for a confidential discussion on your career.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'