Working within this fast-paced Accountancy practice based in central Sutton we are looking for a Payroller to join the team. Not only will you be responsible for the Payroll of a number of clients you will also be involved with a little general bookkeeping.
Reference No: HT14546
Payroller - About The Role
Working in Sutton, Surrey, you will be joining a growing, fast paced Accountancy Practice that has a busy number of clients that you will be responsible for processing the Payroll for.
Within this Payroll position you will take ownership for the complete payroll process for a portfolio of clients, plus you will also have the chance to branch out a little and be involved with some general Bookkeeping duties.
As the Payroller you will be responsible for the following duties:
- Provision of a payroll Service for Small Scale companies and Larger Organisations
- Run the Payroll for both Weekly and Monthly staff
- Submit Statutory Payroll reports to HMRC
- Manually calculate Tax and NIC
- Process full payrolls from starter to leavers including P45’s, SMP/SAP, SSP and SPP
- Run pension assessments on all employees, including pension payments to NEST
- Handle all payroll queries
- Support the bookkeeping of a portfolio of clients
The successful Payroller will have:
- Strong Payroll experience from within an in-house or accountancy practice/ bureau based position
- Demonstrable experience of UK Payroll Process and UK Tax Framework
- Proactive approach with the ability to manage your own workload
- Good IT skills, including the use of Excel
- If you have previous Bookkeeping experience as well it would be seen favourably
Payroller - Benefits
- This is an opportunity to join a well-supported environment that will give you the opportunity to learn and develop further
- In return for your services to the business you will be offered a competitive salary along with up to 25 days holiday, Pension and other benefit options
Howett Thorpe are acting as a recruitment agency in relation to this role and comply with all relevant UK legislation and do not discriminate on any protected characteristics. Due to the high volume of applications we currently receive, we are unable to respond to all candidates. If you do not hear from a Consultant within 5 working days please assume that you have not been successful.
Refer a friend
If this job is not of interest to you, but you know a friend or colleague who may be interested, recommend them to us and receive a minimum of £150 in vouchers if we assist them in securing a permanent role and a minimum of £25 in vouchers if we place them in a temporary assignment. (Terms & conditions apply)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job