Reporting to: Payroll Manager
Salary: Up to £26,000 + benefits
Job Type: Part-Time / Contract
Our client based in Northampton is on the lookout for an experienced Payroller to join a busy Payroll department. The role will be working part-time hours around 20 per week. You will be running up to 10 payrolls, across various countries for a large volume of employees.
Key responsibilities include;
* Ensure accurate maintenance of statutory data through regular data cleansing and running reports to identify potential issues. Liaise with ADP and other providers to rectify any problems/issues.
* Calculation and payment of off-cycle payments (advances, holiday pay, termination payments).
* Monitoring time sheet submission and assisting the Payroll Specialist to ensure that all time sheet data is received by the payroll department according to and in line with tight processing deadlines.
* Preparation of the retail store based payroll. Liaising with the wider retail team to ensure all relevant data is collated and input using WD, whilst ensuring correct authorisation exists at checks and amendment. Working with ADP to resolve any problems that may be encountered during each payroll period.
* Assist Payroll Specialist with period end routines, including review of P30 and reconciliation of payroll associated balance sheet accounts, keeping accurate records of resolutions for audit purposes.
* Comply with all SOX audit requirements
* Support store managers with time-sheet systems by responding quickly and accurately to change requests - work to deadlines
* Collate payroll data on a monthly basis. Assisting the Payroll Specialist with rectifying data deficiencies through stores not following correct procedure.
* Update and maintain personnel and payroll records within all payroll systems and Workday. This will include processing and inputting tax documents P45/Starter checklist etc.
* Liaise with managers around payroll queries, which may include underpayments, incorrect tax codes and SMP queries, resolving them within agreed time frames.
Required qualification & experience;
* At least 2 -3 years payroll multi-site experience
* Strong knowledge of current payroll legislation
* Excellent IT skills, including advance Excel
* Flexible attitude and customer focused
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills Analytical mind-set with excellent accuracy and attention to detail
* Able to manage competing priorities and face into challenges under tight time frames
* Experience of Nordic payrolls would a high desirable but not essential
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job