This is a contract role for at least18 months
• Supporting the running of the monthly in-house payrolls.
• Ensuring all payroll documentation is processed onto the payroll system in a timely manner.
• Ensure that all transactions are processed and audited in a timely manner
• Understanding of all Statutory Payments; NI, Tax, SMP, SSP etc
• Handling of payroll queries for employees and direct line managers.
• Support in the completion of requests for information from Government/Statutory bodies as they arise.
• Supporting Pension administration & submissions – LGPS.
Skills and Experience
• Minimum of 2 years of high volume transactional payroll experiences preferred.
• Experience of working in a high volume transactional and manual payroll environment.
• Good knowledge of Payroll Legislation.
• Understanding of RTI and Pension requirements.
• Ability to work with a high level of confidentiality.
• Proactive nature and ability to work on own initiative but recognises the objectives of the whole team.
• Personable and approachable nature.
• Ability to adapt to change.
• Strong communications skills, both written and verbal.
• Speed and Accuracy.
• High volume of email and telephone queries daily.
• Good knowledge of Microsoft Word, Excel and Email skills.
• Excellent customer service skills.
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business