In this busy role, you'll be a dynamic leader for a team responsible for paying all of Aldi's 35,000+ colleagues across the UK.
Corporate Administration and Finance are an integral part of the business ensuring that payments are made efficiently and accurately. Detail-focused and conscientious, you'll ensure that we achieve compliance with all internal and external guidelines and regulations while motivating a team within a co-operative working environment.
We do things our own way at Aldi. But whatever we're doing, we must be getting it right. With a wave of impressive sales figures behind us, we're opening new stores at lightning speed. It means now, more than ever, we need to keep on top of our finances.
Salary: £46,405 rising to £53,455
We do things our own way at Aldi but whatever we’re doing, we must be getting it right. And with some pretty impressive sales figures behind us, along with constant growth of our business, it is more important than ever that we have an incredible team to keep on top of our finances. Which is why we’re on the lookout for a Payroll Team Leader to join the team at our Head Office in Atherstone. Once you’re in the team you’ll be responsible for managing a team of Payroll Assistants, who will work in areas such as: Corporate Ireland Payroll, Global Mobility and Benefits & Expenses.
You will also be involved in the development and maintenance of internal procedures and projects, such as the centralisation of our benefits schemes and rollout of a national expense SharePoint. As part of this role, you will receive some amazing benefits like market-leading pay, amazing opportunities to develop and an excellent work-life balance, alongside discounted days out and gym memberships.
• Management of a team of Payroll Assistants
• Developing and maintaining internal procedures
• Management of internal projects and ensuring deadlines are kept
• Strong payroll or employment tax knowledge
• Prior experience of managing a team
• Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
• Ability to motivate and work under pressure
• Proven ability to deal with chance, write and rollout payroll procedures
• Excellent and proven ability to train colleagues
• Strong organisational skills, ensuring deadlines are met across a range of areas
• Global Mobility experience is desirable