Absolute Accountancy Recruitment are currently recruiting on an exclusive basis for a rapidly growing company within a fast-paced industry. They are seeking a hands on payroll team leader who also has the necessary attributes to oversee a team of 5 payrollers whilst ensuring the timely processing of payroll for 6,000 employees. The role is a 1 year fixed term contract with an anticipated start date of August.
Experience in running weekly, fortnightly and monthly payrolls within a fast-paced, high volume environment is essential.
- Responsible for accurately preparing payroll.
- Establish and maintain an effective working relationship with all managers and departments.
- Responsible for ensuring that the payroll function is run in an efficient and professional manner.
- Prepare costing file for input into the finance system and oversee the prompt reconciliation of payroll & pensions control accounts.
- Prepare and ensure prompt preparation and submission of all statutory returns and monthly remittances.
- To liaise with key stakeholders (external and internal) including HMRC, payroll software provider, pensions administrators etc.
- To maintain all relevant tables within the computerised payroll system.
- Support, manage and motivate the payroll staff.
- Act as the first point of contact for all payroll, HMRC and pension related enquires.
- To communicate key deadlines and procedures to managers and staff as required
- Plan, prioritise and coordinate the departmental workload.
- Maintain appropriate internal controls and checks.
- Prior experience overseeing/managing a payroll function and team.
- Adept working knowledge of payroll systems.
- Thorough knowledge of HMRC requirements with regards to tax, national insurance and statutory deductions and payments.
- Administration of operating payroll in a medium-sized or large organisation.
If you are currently immediately available with similar prior experience and seeking your next challenge with a progressive business then please apply today.
Due to the large numbers of responses we receive, despite our best efforts it is not possible to respond to every application. Therefore only short-listed candidates will be contacted for this particular role and if you haven’t heard from us within 7 days please assume you have been unsuccessful on this occasion. Please feel free however to apply for further roles and we will certainly keep your details on file and contact you with suitable vacancies.
- Team Leader
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"