We are the UK's leading provider of business process management and integrated professional support service solutions, with 68,000 staff across the UK, Europe, South Africa and India.
A brilliant opportunity has arisen for a Payroll Team Leader to join our expanding team here in Sittingbourne. The role offers excellent career progression working alongside our Senior Management Team.
You will be responsible for the operational delivery of all payroll services. To ensure that payroll services comply with client standards and procedures, as well as national & relevant international laws and codes of practice. To develop all processes necessary to manage the optimum functioning of all payroll processing & associated objectives. To work closely within the client organisations and external agencies to promote the service, obtain feedback and manage changes & service developments successfully.
- To ensure that payroll is delivered, within the agreed timescales and tolerances.
- To plan, co-ordinate and implement all events/activities within the payroll calendar with particular emphasis on ensuring that all payroll end of year requirements are delivered accurately and in line with statutory requirements - working closely with the Payroll Control Team.
- To promote and demonstrate excellent customer service.
- To undertake resource planning for your area of responsibility to ensure resource within the team are sufficiently flexible and are deployed effectively and efficiently to meet demand, reviewing at least twice daily
- To manage performance within your area of responsibility to ensure delivery of agreed service levels and the achievement of Key Performance Indicators.
- To support the Business Manager in the preparation of and delivery of service plans ensuring quality service delivery within specification and financial constraints.
- To maintain a positive and motivated team by working with individual team members ensuring they are skilled to undertake their current role, have up to date personal development plans and performance objectives which are reviewed regularly in line with HR Solutions practice.
- To ensure all procedures and processes comply with employment policies, data protection, legislation, diversity issues and best practice
- To actively participate in a culture of continuous improvement/ change within and across the teams, seeking to improve services, performance, data and stakeholder feedback.
- To promote Capita values and policies and ensure team compliance
- To ensure that payroll is processed within client & statutory timelines and that the processes are optimised & robust
- To ensure that all payroll processes are kept up to date and shared with the team.
- To ensure that the service is delivered in accordance with relevant information security standards
- To develop, action and maintain quality assurance processes to provide accurate management reports
- To ensure that processes & procedures are undertaken with due regard for audit standards. To liaise with Internal & External Audit agencies as appropriate
- To operate quality assurance processes and ensure that your team recognise & understand the importance of ensuring quality in service delivery
- To ensure adequate controls are in place and continually monitored/reviewed (information security, business compliance, management of risk).
- To keep abreast of law changes, tax directives and other information pertaining to Payroll by undertaking research and gathering information through appropriate channels such as payroll institutions, regulatory bodies & HR Solutions Payroll forums
- Represent Capita Sittingbourne at Capita Payroll forum.
Line management of Payroll Team
Knowledge, Skills and Experience
Professional Membership/Qualification: - IPPM member
- Experience of leading a fully integrated, end to end payroll service
- Strong team leadership skills
- Strong people management skills with the ability to recognise and act upon under performance
- Experience of client relationship management to facilitate working closely with clients to promote service area and deliver change
- Knowledge and experience of delivering services using an integrated HR system
- Knowledge in interpreting and implementing Payroll legislation
- High level IT skills
- Experience of developing and producing organisational management information
- Sound financial management
At Capita, training and development aren't optional extras: they're how we do our job.
We will motivate you to perform at your peak, recognising your achievements and rewarding them appropriately. As well as a generous basic salary we also give you 23 day's holiday company pension scheme and access to voluntary benefit options including; child care vouchers, share save scheme, life assurance, holiday buy and many more designed to suit your own personal lifestyle.
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.
- Payroll Team Leader with minimum 3 years experience of Payroll