Job Description Summary:
Come and think independently with an organisation that’s doing the same. We’re determined to help shape a Vibrant Economy in the UK and beyond. It’s why we empower our people to bring new ideas to the table and take the lead in driving them forward. It’s invigorating. It’s inspiring. It’s creating opportunities every day for our clients, our business, and everyone here. So bring your passion, ambitions and ideas, and together, let’s make change happen.
Our Finance team provides valuable support to the business leaders of Grant Thornton, giving them, the information they need to monitor the firm’s results and to achieve its strategy for growth. In your role, within the Payroll team you will have responsibility for the monthly payroll process, alongside the Payroll Team Leader, ensuring all our people are paid accurately and on time. We provide a high quality client service to our 4500 employees across the business, providing detailed query responses and managing the expectations of the business on bulk payments and other ongoing projects. Support is required to pick up the day-to-day payroll along with people management of the administrators while the Firm embarks on a payroll platform change. The work within the team contributes to the bigger picture and you will enjoy influencing the success of our firm and shaping a vibrant economy
What you’ll be doing:
- You will have experience of managing and developing others, have a flair for training and be happy to provide support to all members of the team
- You will assist with planning the day-to-day workload of the team at busy periods
- You will assist with managing the day-to-day payroll reviewing escalated and complex queries and assist with the completion of cases, ensuring the work produced is to a high standard and meets the needs of our clients
- You will provide relevant reports to our clients, regularly reviewing the effectiveness of these
- You will prepare the monthly payroll reconciliation for review by the Director, investigating anomalies and supporting with the audit of the payroll before approval
- You will have a curious mind and constantly be reviewing current processes to ensure that controls are in place and that the work is produced in the most efficient way possible
- You will be required to communicate concerns upwards in a timely fashion and communicate with our clients within the firm
- You will provide support to the other teams within Finance, providing an excellent client service and producing quality work
- You will manage your own workload and assist with that of the team ensuring they meet the set KPI’s and the monthly timetable is delivered
- You will assist with testing and other ad-hoc project work relating to the new payroll platform if required
- You will apply critical reasoning to bring clarity and insight. You will do this by asking great questions and working with your clients to really understand what they want
- You will understand and be able to apply all of our internal policies and procedures on a case by case basis in order that individuals are dealt with consistently
Who we're looking for:
You must be CIPP qualified or working towards this qualification with knowledge in manual pay calculations and be up to date with legislation and regulations surrounding payments.
You will have strong technical skills and experience of providing clients and stakeholders with quality services.
You will have strong Excel skills as well as being commercially focused with the ability to deliver innovative solutions.
You should be focused on self-development as well as having the desire to coach, mentor and develop your colleagues.
You must also share our CLEARR values - Collaboration, Leadership, Excellence, Agility, Respect and Responsibility.
You will ideally have experience of working on large-scale payrolls and within a large team.
We’re looking for people who have a strong connection with and share our core beliefs:
- Profit with a purpose that leads to a sustainable business
- We create sustainable value for our clients
- We are better together
- Our CLEARR values underpin all we do
- We never compromise on quality
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills. And you’ll be able to shape your career within your team or by moving across our business or going on secondments in the UK and across our global network of member firms. You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
The time you spend outside of work helps shape what you can bring to our firm. We value the commitments you may have outside of work and will consider all flexible working applications.