Our client is looking to recruit a Payroll Supervisor to manage the payroll team at the firm’s Milton Keynes office, initially on a six-month contract. This role is within the Business Services department, providing payroll and related administrative services to clients.
Reporting to managers and partners the Payroll Supervisor will have the following responsibilities:
- Ensuring the smooth running of the payroll department, including the review of processes, efficiency, turnaround time and quality of output
- Being a trusted point of contact for payroll clients and liaising with other regional team leaders
- Assisting with the development of the department and growth of business
- Review of payroll but where required, administration of all stages of payroll processing for a bespoke portfolio of weekly and monthly clients
- Set up of new payrolls on SAGE, Xero and QuickBooks software, send client payroll engagement letters, 64-8 & FB12 forms to HMRC
- Preparation of letters, payroll reports and payslips for submission to clients
- Processing BACS payments from client accounts for employee salaries and HMRC liability payments
- Uploading and processing auto enrolment compatible pension schemes for a variety different pension companies
- Processing of all HMRC RTI submissions in a timely basis
- Liaising with clients and HM Revenue & Customs when dealing with payroll related queries
- General administrative duties as required
Please do apply for this contract role if you have the following skills, experience and attributes:
- Team management skills and experience running a team within a practice or payroll bureau environment
- Good working knowledge of payroll processing procedures and legislation, including pension auto enrolment
- Able to make manual calculations where necessary and use initiative
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- IT Literate (MS Word, Outlook and, especially, Excel) preferably experienced in Sage and Xero Payroll software, QuickBooks knowledge would be useful
- Attention to detail with strong organisation/time management skills
This top 15 firm will offer a competitive salary for this six-month contract and the potential for the contract to be extended beyond this time.
We can only accept applications from candidates that have the right to work in the UK without requiring sponsorship.
Submit your CV for this Payroll Supervisor role
Due to the high volume of applications we receive it is not always possible to respond to unsuccessful applicants. Therefore, if we have not responded to your application within five days please assume that on this occasion your application has not been successful.
- Communication Skills
- Pension Schemes
- Auto Enrolment
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'