£32,000 - £35,000
Seymour John are recruiting for an accountancy firm based in Cheltenham that are looking to recruit a Payroll Supervisor.
The Payroll team sits within the Global Business Solutions (global outsourcing) department in this organisation.
The payroll team handles lots of international payroll clients within the Global Business Solutions department. In addition to meeting the payroll requirements of the client, some involvement in other areas may be required.
- Responsible for an international client portfolio comprising of US Start-Up Companies and managing the Companies outsourced International payroll.
- Reporting directly into the Payroll Assistant Manager.
- Supervising 1-3 direct reports
- Reviewing and assisting with international payroll preparation and communicating with local offices and clients.
- Preparing multi-currency payroll journals
- Management of client funds & meeting payroll tax/social security payment deadlines. Reviewing payment files and payments to employees and tax offices
- Liaising with third parties (locally and on an international basis)
- Dealing with AD HOC queries and using initiative in different situations. For example, review and advise on complex employee payroll tax and National Insurance (NI) calculation queries
- Ensuring all team work is prepared accurately to set deadlines
- Maintain up to date an accurate employee payroll records
- Reviewing UK pension schedules and work with HR team to manage employee enrolment and inclusion in supplementary insurance schemes
- Initiative to develop best practices to improve efficiency of payroll processes
- Assisting with the on-boarding of new clients and payroll registrations
- 3+ years of payroll experience ideally with an international element involved
- Experience of dealing directly with clients
- Highly organised and able to thrive/work well under pressure.
- Excellent client service and communication skills.
- Great team player.