Roles and Responsibilities
- General payroll processing to include processing all statutory payments & recording in line with regulations
- Sending out correspondence as and when requested by Proprietor, Heads of Service, Training Dept or Care Managers.
- Completing Earnings enquiry forms from Mortgage companies, Banks, Councils, Benefits Agencies, DWP, NIC etc.
- Monitoring the status of employees right to work in the UK in accordance with current UK Border Agency guidelines
- Supervising Payroll staff and filling in for the manager as needed
- Ensure that payroll is processed in a timely manner and with precision.
- Monitor the Payroll Assistants to guarantee that all processes are implemented suitably and promptly.
- Provide assistance to the payroll manager to initiate yearly team goals
- Escalate potential service issues to Payroll manager.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to outline standards and approaches for payroll operations.
- Offer assistance in supervising workloads
- Offer guidance to and share knowledge with team members
- Act as a backup for team members who are on annual leave or high magnitude work operations
- Ensure that HMRC submissions are completed accurately and on time.
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience.
- Experience with Chris21 payroll systems desirable.
- Experience in budget development and management.
- Ability to effectively supervise team members and work as a member of that team
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organisation skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple homes
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action.
- Ability & interest in training other team members.
- Knowledge of tax reciprocity rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of email, Internet Explorer, Excel and Access.
Winners of the West Sussex Care Accolades 'Employer of the year' award 2016!
We believe that the great service we provide is all down to the great people we employ and we strongly believe in investing in people to fulfil their potential. Education and training are a key part of our quality strategy.
Are you passionate about providing excellence??
Are you looking to join an award winning company……Join us at Sussex Healthcare!!
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job