Roles and Responsibilities
- General payroll processing to include processing all statutory payments & recording in line with regulations
- Sending out correspondence as and when requested by Proprietor, Heads of Service, Training Dept or Care Managers.
- Completing Earnings enquiry forms from Mortgage companies, Banks, Councils, Benefits Agencies, DWP, NIC etc.
- Monitoring the status of employees right to work in the UK in accordance with current UK Border Agency guidelines
- Supervising Payroll staff and filling in for the manager as needed
- Ensure that payroll is processed in a timely manner and with precision.
- Monitor the Payroll Assistants to guarantee that all processes are implemented suitably and promptly.
- Provide assistance to the payroll manager to initiate yearly team goals
- Escalate potential service issues to Payroll manager.
- Work with the Payroll Manager to outline standards and approaches for payroll operations.
- Offer assistance in supervising workloads
- Offer guidance to and share knowledge with team members
- Act as a backup for team members who are on annual leave or high magnitude work operations
- Ensure that HMRC submissions are completed accurately and on time.
- Train team members on new or enhanced operation procedures and policies.
- Minimum of 5 years of payroll experience.
- Experience with Chris21 payroll systems desirable.
- Experience in budget development and management.
- Ability to effectively supervise team members and work as a member of that team
- Strong customer service skills.
- Strong organisation skills, attention to detail and follow through to resolve any outstanding issues.
- Strong time management skills.
- Ability to adapt to changing environment and support of multiple homes
- Ability to analyze/interpret data and take appropriate action.
- Ability & interest in training other team members.
- Knowledge of tax reciprocity rules and regulations.
- Working knowledge of email, Internet Explorer, Excel and Access.
Apply and join Sussex Healthcare!